Chapter 23

I woke up with a start. Pain rippled through my back and tummy. It had been two long agonising weeks trapped in this room. Prince Corvus had made it upon himself to take me every single night. I felt like a common whore. I was giving my body in exchange for favours.

I was tainted beyond repair. I doubled over as another wave of pain reigned terror in my body. My grunts and pants woke Ravenna up. The prince had woken early as always and he had gone to do whatever he did when he was not with us.

" What's wrong, a cria?" she asked worriedly. " My stomach and back hurt. What's wrong with me?" I enquired, gritting my teeth as the pain worsened.

" I'll go call, Athela. She may be able to help you." She got off the bed,throw on a silk white kimono robe and rushed out. I clutched the sheets as I tried to control my breathing. I felt so hot. Not in a sexy kind of hot but a high temperature hot.

I felt like something was in my stomach and another thing was clawing itself from my back. I closed my eyes and tried earnestly not to scream.

Ravenna came back and with her came the girl I met in the garden and the Hualing. I shuddered and arched my back as intense pain rippled through me. The pain was indescribable. I was still dumbfounded as to how I was able to handle it.

" What's wrong with her? " asked Athela softly. " She says she feels pain in her stomach and on her back," explained Ravenna.

Hualing placed a cool cloth on my forehead. It was a little soothing but it was not enough. I wanted the pain to stop all together.

Athela placed her right hand on my belly and the other on the small of my back. She closed her eyes and murmured foreign words that sounded like gibberish to me. Gold swirly marks grew from her hairline to her eyes.

The pain subsided as she continued to murmur in some ancient language until it died down. She gasped and moved away from me like I was some kind of freak. Her reaction freaked me out.

" What is it, princess? " Hualing looked at her with concern. Athela stared at me horrified. I was starting to panic as her red eyes gazed at my stomach.

" She's with child. Her pregnancy is triggering the growth of her wings," she said. I gaped at her shaking my head in denial.

" No, no,no. I can't be pregnant. There has be a mistake. There is no way I'm pregnant. Please tell you were just kidding, " I pleaded, staring at her with hope.

" I don't make a habit of saying things that are false, Emmeranne. You are pregnant and your wings will be ready to come out any day." I scrambled out of bed falling on the carpet on the floor.

Ravenna clapped her hands excitedly. " This is good news. All the Corbinuous will be thrilled about this." I drew my legs to my chest, wrapped my arms around them and started crying. Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse than being a sex slave.

I was a pregnant eighteen year old halfblood. My mom would be so disappointed in me. I was sure that she was rolling in her grave for this.

Ravenna rushed out of the room. There was no doubt she was going to announce the news. I placed my hand on my flat tummy. In the next few months my belly would be the size of a watermelon.

Corbinuous pregnancies took a period of six months before birth. Our offspring developed far quicker than those of mortals. Within six months I'll give birth to that fiend's child. Well it was what I was captured for in the first place. I might as well start accepting my fate.

While I rubbed my tummy, a very important question came to my mind. Would I be able to love a child who was born out of rape? It was the child of my enemy,afterall.