Chapter 25

It had been a few days since the execution that never happened. Athela was now the Queen. I don't know if it was temporary thing or what. Corbin and Jethrah were recovering from their wounds.

I on the other hand had not stepped out of my room. The need to see Corbin was so immense but my shame far surpassed my need. Surely he had found out that I was pregnant and maybe he wanted nothing to do with me.

I just couldn't bring myself to face him. I was afraid of being rejected by him. I was carrying another man's children. He deserved someone pure. Someone like Athela. The thought of them together left a bitter taste in my mouth. It was not fair.

Hualing was gone for good. Her mission was complete. I have to admit it, I really missed her a lot. She had been  like a mother  to me and all her words gave me the strength to endure my life in the palace. I was grateful that I had Ravenna. She never left my side. Though she was always cheering me up I could tell she really missed her mate.

Corvus may have been a heartless monster but Ravenna still truly loved him. His chance at redeeming himself was over. When you sent to Berheimia you never returned. I got off the bed and went in the en suit to take a bath. Ravenna was fast asleep.

When I was done bathing I looked at my naked body in the mirror. I had a little bump on my belly. A harsh reminder of what I went through the past few weeks. Just thinking about the day when I will be due further saddened me. My life was so depressing.

The prince might be gone but he still managed to torment me. Little pieces of him were growing inside me and that was enough to put me in a sour mood. I went back in the room to find Catana and Meyleisha. Ever since the day of the horrid coronation passed they said anything insensitive or rude to me. They were quite polite and that was something to be happy about.

They dressed me in a loose black open back top and black form fitting pants with buckle ankle boots. I can honestly say they were worming their way in my list of people I like. I was dead tired of wearing dresses. They made feel slutty and they made think of Corvus.

I don't think I was ever going to wear a dress and no one would force me to unless me wearing a dress involved a candlelit dinner with Corbin. Catana woke Ravenna up, bringing me out of my train of thought. She peered at us through half lidded eyes and smiled sadly at us.

" Morning, princess. The sun has risen from the mountains and all the animals and plants have welcomed the day. A lady of your stature should not sleep like the dead." She looked disapprovingly at her. I stifled a chuckle.

Ravenna rolled her eyes playfully and got off the bed. She went to take a bath and in her absence, Xathelia came in the room. She changed the  bed covers and the drapes. They were now different shades of purple and violets. The colours made me think of a field of lavenders. It was truly a refreshing sight from the blood red covers Corvus had seemed to adore.

" Morning everyone." She greeted cheerfully. We all greeted her back. With the tyrants gone, the palace had become the most peaceful place in the whole of Oviikron Fernus Kingdom. The dark aura that had been suffocating us was lifted and now only tranquillity radiated off of us.

We all had been through hell the past  few months and everything was just fine. As a matter of fact everything was more than fine. It felt truly amazing to a free woman. To be my own person without the prince breathing down my neck.

Ravenna came back in the room in all her naked glory. Catana and Meyleisha hastily tended to her. When they were done they left us not before wishing us a good day. Ravenna wore a black entrapment skater dress with black curved wedges that had bows and silver chains on the back. A silver collar glitterd around her slim neck.