Chapter 20

The gods just had a way of messing around with my life and that was pissing me off. I don't even think they were worth worshipping anymore. The reason I say this is that the prince had managed to capture me for the second time.

It was just another day in Afra's house. Corbin and Jethrah were at the clearing training. Valia and Patra were at the village square buying some food. As for Rasil,he was nowhere to be seen. Afra said he disappeared all the time but I just think he was avoiding us, particularly, me.

I was in the the kitchen with Afra. She was preparing breakfast for me. I was horrible when it came to cooking and she didn't mind cooking for me . She poured a mint green liquid in a mug. It was steamy hot. She then handed it to me. The food in Earthelona Eris were different from my world. It was kind of scary and thrilling eating them.

I watched the steam from the green liquid swirl in the air. So far I had not choked on their unusual food, which was a good thing. The last thing I wanted was dying from food poisoning.

" What's that?" I asked, staring at her. She smiled warmly at me, her pale purple eyes twinkling with amusement. Her eyes were so light. Sometimes I thought she was blind. There was just something calming about her eyes, at the same time they told a story of a witch who had experienced too much pain. Her stare alone was intense most of the time.

" It's your wings," she replied nonchalantly. I narrowed my eyes at her. A sign that I wanted her to elaborate on what she said.

" I can't just wave my hands and say a spell to grow your wings. I'm not that powerful. This herbal tea is going to aid your dormant wings to develop fully." she explained.

" Oh,okay. When you put in that way, I will drink it. I hope it doesn't taste awful." I held the mug, staring at the mint green liquid gingerly. " I promise you it's not awful. Go on, drink," she urged. " That is your ticket at getting your wings. " I took a sip and grimaced at the taste. It was awful.

Afra chuckled heartily at my expression. I glared at her. " Don't be a baby,Artemia. Just drink the damn tea." I wanted to chug the gad awful drink at her. It was so bitter and it had an after taste of rosemary. But I drank it anyway. When you have lived your life mocked by your own species because of your shortcomings as much I did you'd do anything to be normal.

Heat spread through my body in waves. It was was already hot inside and out of the house and having drank that horrible tea I was was exceedingly hot and not in a good way. I felt like I'd faint any minute now.

" I'm not going to lie to you. It's going to be an excruciating experience for you but it will be worth it at the end." That was all the encouragement I needed to finish the poisonous tea. She served me a delicious looking breakfast that smelled heavenly. It consisted of two square shaped cruvolia and aredisia berry pies dripped with purple syrup and a fruit salad.

I found myself drooling at the sight of my breakfast. " That looks exquisite, " I said. She beamed at me. " Well then,dig in and enjoy." I did just that. I was going to get fat. That was all I can say. I was not a lass who liked to indulge in sweet delicacies. My father always forced me to eat healthy.

This was actually my first time eating a pie and from just one bite I was going to crave it for life. " Mmmm," I moaned then stared at Afra happiness etched on my face." Marry me," I said. She chuckled at my words.

" Aren't you already taken, my dear?" she asked, a smile gracing her lips." By who?" I stared at her questioningly. " By Prince Corbin, ofcourse. Don't think I'm blind at seeing the looks you keep giving each other."

" What looks? " I was honestly perplexed at what she was saying. I had never given Corbin any look that would suggest that I fancied him. " Never mind." She exited the kitchen in a swift manner. It was clear she was escaping.