chapter 14

I stared at the the view of the beach. It was in the break of dawn and it was still fairly dark outside. Winter was near. The air had become bitter and cold and the sky had gone dark with menacing clouds. It was the beginning of the trail exams at the Academy and I had missed far too much to even think about going back.

There was a huge possibility that I might not ever finish my studies. The prince would stop at nothing to get me. The school would be the first place he looks for me. Will I truly find peace at the end? I had a foreboding feeling that a lot of bad things were going to happen. Jethrah and his friend had started a war by saving me.

They had just killed themselves for what they did. I didn't know if they were insane or what but I was still grateful for their help. The last thing I wanted was seeing myself with a swollen tummy, carrying the prince's child. The sound of the door opening brought me out of my train of thoughts. It was Jethrah.

"Morning, beautiful, " said Jethrah. I stared at him then looked throughout the window.

" A grumpy look doesn't suit you, love, " he said with a smile adorning his handsome face. " What do you want, Jethrah? " I sighed. He stood at the foot of the bed. He was wearing a black jacket, a grey shirt, black pants and black leather boots.

" Get ready, we are leaving for Borrheilis in an hour. "

" What are we going to do there?" I enquired. I was very curious. I've never been to Borrheilis before. The idea of going there was both exciting and horrifying.

" We are on the run, vheni. We can't stay in one place too long. I'm pretty sure the prince has his guards all over the place looking for you and, my friend and I can't risk getting caught. We will be executed for what we did, " he said, sadness laden in his voice.

He had a point. I might not like them but if it wasn't for them I would be locked up in the palace, sexually assaulted by the prince and his wife. I would have lost my virginity in the most horrible way imaginable. They would have kept me as their birthing machine.

I was grateful for their help but that didn't mean I had to let my guard down around them. I sighed with exhaustion. " Does our journey require us to pack? I have nothing of my own," I murmured, biting my lower lip. All my clothes were at the Academy.

" Don't fret. There are a couple of clothes in the closet that might fit you. They belong to my late sister. I'm sure wherever she is, she doesn't mind," he said nonchalantly.

I gaped at him. " You want me to wear clothes that belong to a deceased. Are you mad? It's a bad omen, " I yelled at him.

" There are no such things, love. You are already wearing her clothes and I haven't seen ghosts terrorising us. Now hurry up." He made his way to the door.

" Don't hold a grudge against my friend. His a good lad. If only you knew how much he's sacrificing for your freedom, " he said then went out.

I went to take a shower and when I was done I wore warm clothes that consisted of a maroon long sleeved wool sweater with a low neckline and ran past my thighs, moccasin form fitting pants and chocolate brown leather boots. My hair was tied in a loose ponytail a few locks were tugged behind my ear.

I took a black duffle bag and went to the sitting room. Jethrah was already seated on the couch reading a book. I placed the duffle bag on the wooden floor and sat a few seats away from him." Where is your friend? " I asked. It was my attempt to start conversations. If I was to be stuck with these lads I might as well talk to them.

He raised his brow, a smirk on his face. " Why are you asking about my friend? I thought you loathed him."

" You said we were leaving in an hour and it has been an hour but your friend is not done yet," I pointed out. That earned a hearty chuckle from him.