Chapter 19

It was a very sunny morning. Neon blue flaemia birds flew blissfully in the bright blue sky. I found myself looking throughout the window just enjoying the view of the village and the sweet scent of flowers assaulting my nostrils.

I heard the sound of something glassy crashing followed by growls and yelling. I all but ran to the scene and what a troubling scene it was.

Jethrah was restraining a rather pissed off Corbin who was growling at Afra and Patra. Valia and Rasil were not there.

" What's going on?" I stared at Jethrah. " Prince Corvus is in Zaklov city. He was seen with a wizard and his guards. I hate to say this but we are in deep trouble," replied Jethrah.

My breath caught I'm my throat at the news. My heart pounded viciously in my chest like it could burst out. I didn't know what to do. Part of me knew that my happiness had been temporary.

" Prince charming is on his way love and we have to go," said Jethrah, staring at Corbin worriedly. To be honest I was tired of running away. Prince Corvus was fully prepared to hunt for me to the ends of the Earthelona Eris and Earthelen.

Something told me Osydian had been hurt. She couldn't have possibly opened the portal for Corvus through the goodness of her heart. How many people were going to have to suffer for helping me?

The last thing I wanted was being part of the reason someone got killed. I was not yet ready to face him. Maybe if I hadn't wasted time going to festivals, I would've learned a thing or two about defending myself.

" Were will we go?" I asked, shuddering at the sound of my voice. I was scared, no,terrified . " I really don't know, Artemia. It could take weeks before we reach a kingdom or village. " He sighed in distress.

Corbin just strode out of the house. The sound of wings flapping powerfully told me it was Corbin flying off. It was better that way. He seemed to be taking the news of his cousin's arrival pretty bad. I should've been pissed too but nothing was going to change the fact that he was in Earthelona Eris.

" It's going to take him roughly three days before he could reach this village. You should start making plans to leave while you still can," said Afra,plopping on the couch, hands rubbing her temples.

" How long will we run? We can't carry on like this. The prince will stop at nothing to get his claws on me. I really appreciate you helping me but I can't let you endanger yourselves because of me." It pained me to say that but it also the honest truth.

I didn't want them killed for helping me. It was better if I just gave myself to the prince, even the thought of it made me cringe in disgust. I had said that I'd fight but whom was I fooling? I couldn't hurt a fly even if my life depended on it.

" No,Artemia,. You don't deserve to live your life as a slave for that makuta. You are meant to be free like the rest of us," said Jethrah wrapping his arms around me.

" I just feel bad,you know? Like all this is my fault, " I muttered guiltily. It was the truth. If I hadn't been a halfblood, none of this would be happening.

" Stop saying that, leisando. I would gladly die fighting for you,for what is right." He cupped my face. I looked deep in his obsidian orbs. Sorrow glinted in his eyes,making them appear lighter,if that was possible.

I was astonished that he'd refer to me as leisando. That was like saying I was the the daughter of a deity who was worth everything in this world. A title that was not meant for me. I never brought peace and happiness amongst people. I brought the opposite of that, actually.

I didn't like dragging people in danger. It was selfish and cowardly of me. I should've ended my life when I had the chance. I couldn't bare the thought of my saviors getting killed because of me.