Chapter 12

There was knocking on the door to my room. I strode to the door and opened it and what do you know? It was the flesh eater himself and his demon of a wife. " Don't you look rather dashing tonight? The purebloods will be clawing at each to dance with you, " remarked the prince. I snorted at his words.

It was night time already. I looked calm outside but inside I was screaming for help. I was going to loose my virginity tonight and I had to be willing.

The Hollow Moon was effulgent in the starless sky. The blue swirly light around it pulsed I'm bliss . As we walked to the grand hall I kept staring at the moon through the glassy ceiling in the heart of the palace.

There was a marbled sculpture of Deiphronyt. She was staring at the moon, her hands raised up, her expression joyful and her marbled wings spread to their full length. It was my first time seeing this sculpture. The sculptures of Deiphronyt were always different.

There were two sculptures of her in the garden. The first one she was crouched, a pained expression etched on her face. The other one she was sitting on a rock,surrounded by water, her hand reaching out for the water.

She was a Moggadorian goddess. I couldn't fathom why the Darkrests would have sculptures of her. They were cruel and heartless. It made no sense for them to look up to a god who stood for peace and harmony.

A nudge to my back brought me out of my train of thoughts. I glared at the prince who also happened to be glaring at me . " Do not embarrass me in the ball. I'll do more than cut you tongue if you even think of escaping ," he growled at me.

I shuddered at his words. What could be worse than having your tongue cut out? I didn't want to know what he'd do to me if I did something punishable tonight. We arrived at the hall. Two guards clad in leather opened the huge black doors that led in the hall.

The hall was out of this world beautiful. The were ice sculptures of winged Moggadorian gods, a rainbow of lush flowers in glass vases. Orange and yellow light spheres hovered in the air . The rich smell of flowers filled the hall.

It was simply sublime and enchanting. The guests were in their best Oviikron outfits that were made of dark coloured fabrics . The ball we had when I was at Loreali Academy dimmed in comparison to this regal gathering.

Hundreds of obsidian orbs stared at us as soon as we got inside the hall. I stared at the ground to avoid the hateful glares of the guests. Was this what the prince wanted? To have me paraded about in a sea of hateful creatures. I wanted the ground to swallow me whole so that I'd be spared the pain and humiliation I'd suffer in this hall full of purebloods.

I swallowed hard as prince Corvus held my hand and led me further in the hall. The guests had halted their conversations to study our every move. I hated every minute of it. Some of the purebloods willed their wings out and smirked at me. A sign that I could never be like them. Some openly expressed their disapproval at me being there.

The king and his wife sat on their armchairs, chatting with some of the guests. They were laughing and sipping their champagnes and wines without a care in the world.

The king finally stood from his chair to address his guests." Welcome friends. This is a very special evening for all of us. I implore you to resist the pull of the Hollow Moon for just a few hours and let us honor the gods of Moggadoria for their never ending generosity and love," he said with a booming voice.

" I see you are aware of the halfblood in our midst. I assure you, she is harmless. Drink as much as you can,dance as long as your feet allow you and enjoy the rest of the evening. " The guests cheered and some ululated with joy. The musicians starting playing their songs and the Corbinuous lost themselves in ecstasy.