Chapter 10

I stared at the gold sequined crop top that clung tightly on my bosom area with a matching long skirt that kissed the floor. The skirt had long slits on both sides. It was more like a loincloth than a skirt. My wrists and ankles were decorated with gold bangles that had obsidian stones and chains. My hair was braided intricately with an adornment of gold rings and pins.

My face was that of a stranger. My lips were painted black. My eyeslids were bathed in gold and black swirls. At that moment I loathed what prince Corvus turned me into. I was not Emmeranne, no, I was the prince's doll. Everything about my new look was to the prince's standards.

I glared at Catana and Meyleisha who were smiling at their work.

Hualing stood silently by the window staring impassively at my new look. At that moment I wanted to take a rope and hang myself on the highest tree branch.

Catana wiped at her eyes dramatically. " Gods,you look like a dream," she chirped, her eyes twinkling with bliss. " Prince Corvus won't be able to look away from you. You should be honored. You are one lucky lass,my dear," praised Meyleisha.

I wanted to cry at their comments. I felt like an object constantly degraded and humiliated. Did these women have children of their own?

It was clear that they thought being a sex slave for the prince was honor. I bet if they were my age they would shamelessly throw themselves at the prince. " You've done your job. Now leave me alone,"I hissed at them, staring tearfully at the silk duvet of the bed.

Catana and Meyleisha left the room muttering how ungrateful I was. It was only Hualing who remained where she was. I was curious as to what kept her from walking out the door. She had never spoken to me and she was always impassive.

She approached me and sat next to me on the bed. I didn't know what to expect from her but I hoped she was not planning on torturing me. She cupped my face gently. I stared at her wide eyed. Was this real?

" All will be well soon. The gods of Moggadoria will not let you suffer. Just remember that we are all equals in the eyes of the gods, " she said softly. Her words made the tears I have been trying to suppress to flow freely from my eyes. " No,don't cry. You have to be strong."

" Can you please embrace me? " I asked barely hiding the pain laced in my voice. She smiled sadly at me and wrapped her arms around me. She pulled away from me. " Don't lose hope. Don't let the prince or anyone break you. You were not born to be controlled by anyone. "

With that said she left. Hualing's words were comforting . Under her emotionless outer appearance was a compassionate person who did not feel satisfaction at the suffering of a fellow Corbinuous regardless of the fact that I was not purely Corbinuous.

And she was right. I have lived my life being ordered around like a slave by my own father,shunned by society and cursed to live a life of solitude. It was time I took charge of my life and live my life the way I wanted.

If I was truly a curse, the gods of Moggadoria wouldn't have let me live. I shouldn't let the prince walk all over me. I was not an object created to please him. I wiped the tears from my face.

I heard the sound of a key unlocking the door that led in my room. A lass with brilliant purple glossy hair got in. She was not a Corbinuous. The Chorrubin species had dark lush hair. She had to be an elemental witch. They were known for their bright coloured hairs. They also loathed the Corbinuous which made me wonder to how she came to work for the her enemies.

I was grateful that she was not Shanda. It was not a secret that Shanda loathed me more than anyone, which was saying something considering that I was public enemy number one. After the stunt I pulled yesterday it wouldn't be a good idea to face her. There was no doubt in my mind that she'd kill me given the chance.