Chapter 26

It had been three weeks and not once have I gone to see Corbin. As much I wanted to see his handsome face I couldn't. It was kind of foolish of me though because I was getting bigger. I am pretty sure I was a month pregnant now. There were only five months left to see my babies for the first time and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous.

I was also glad that I was having a break from my vicious menstrual cycles. I still got cramps though. Mainly on my back. Athela told me it was my wings developing. I was not allowed to release them as they could complicate my pregnancy. I could get a miscarriage if I let them out. As much as I was curious of how they looked like, I wouldn't kill my babies for a trifle curiousity.

I was in the garden just trying to relax. It was a little cold outside but it was nice. The season was changing. It won't be long till winter torments us. The flowers had shed their petals and the birds had migrated to a warmer place.

Deiphronyt's sculpture caught my eyes. It was the one with her crouching while a pained expression was etched on her marbled face. I was happy that for all the time I thought the gods abandoned me, they had actually been looking out for me. That didn't necessarily mean I wasn't disappointed at them for letting everything that happened to me  happen.

They had stopped my suffering. The suffering Corvus prolonged with each passing day he was with me.

" Hello,beautiful, " said the voice I knew all too well. It was Jethrah. I had heard that he had recovered but I didn't have the courage to go see him. I didn't want to bump into Corbin. I cleared my throat then smiled at him.
" Hi,Jethrah. How are you? " I asked casually. He sat beside me on the marbled bench.

" I'm doing good, sweetheart. I heard you have little bundles growing inside you. How is that going for you? " he questioned, staring at my tummy which was was covered by a sweater.

" I'm good. Still coming to terms with the whole being a mother thing. To be honest I'm scared as hell." I admitted.

He flashed me a grin. " You will make a perfect mom. Corbin will help you with them every step of the way. He wants to see you by the way. Stop with the hiding nonsense and face him."

I pondered over his words. I was hiding,that was true. I looked away from him.

" Does he really want to see me even when he knows that I'm pregnant?" Yeh,I still couldn't believe it. Jethrah chuckled at my uncertainty. " You have no idea how many times he rambles on and on about you. He understands that you are afraid but he just wants to hang out with you. He's just waiting for you to have the courage to face him." He explained while crossing his legs.

" I think he'd still want to be with you even if you were crippled or you were taken. It matters not whether you are having his cousin's children or what." He chuckled heartily his eyes glinting with amusement.

" Okay,I'll come see him." I said.

He stood from the bench excitedly. When he went to leave I grabbed his hand to stop him." What do I wear?" I enquired nervously.

" If you weren't pregnant I'd say wear lingerie and seduce the hell out of him. I'm pretty sure that even if you wear a sack you'd still be ravishingly beautiful."

I'm pretty sure my cheeks were an angry red from embarrassment. Way to go Jethrah. Just embarrass me. I groaned inwardly. " He just wants to see me, right?" I quirked a brow questioningly.

" Don't worry, it's not a date. Knowing Corbin, he'd take you to a romantic place for dinner if it was a date. He's a hopeless romantic, that one." He snickered.

" What is he doing now? " I asked while getting up from the bench.

" He's waiting for you to come see him." He said casually, stuffing his hands in his front pants pockets.