Chapter 4

We were in the cafeteria eating breakfast. Three days have passed and today, we were going to take our final fittings. I couldn't wait to see my dress. The Hollow Moon Ball was a thrilling event for every learner,well, except for me. I was just looking forward to dressing up.

Many people had a twisted believe that the Hollow Moon had mystical powers that brought luck upon them. Some even found their mates under the light of the moon. I just thought it was a cruel natural occurrence. Even nature was out to get me.

" Guys, did you hear the rumours? " asked Sebestian staring at us. We all stared at him questioningly. " A halfblood is said to be hiding in this very Academy. The weird thing is that no one can trace the halfblood's scent. The Royals are here for her." I frowned at the news. " What makes you think that the halfblood is a ' she'? "

" A little raven told me," he blushed. We all knew that the ' little raven ' was his royal pureblood mate. Although I kept my face impassive, deep down I was in panic mode.

The day passed by in a blur. I was physically at school yet emotionally absent. Garnnete and Hasina had to drag me to the seamstress so as to take my final fittings. I didn't even bother to really look at my dress. I was no longer excited about the ball.

There were a lot of questions in my mind. The main question was how my friends were going to react when they found out about me. They were going to find out no matter what. I was the halfblood the Royals were dead set to find. They were going to loath me and curse me. The thought of the disgusted glares I would no doubt get pained me.

When we were done fitting, I left my friends and I went to see my Mr Caiman. He was in his office, probably coming up with new ways to torture us in his class. I felt so many emotions at once. I wanted to cry,scream and curse at the world. Upon seeing the tears trailing down my face he knew what was happening. " They are going to find out about me. You can't hide me from them. You could get killed for helping me, Mr Caiman."

" Don't worry about me, Emmeranne. You have to worry about yourself. If they find out about you, go willingly to avoid getting hurt. They need you but that doesn't mean they won't subject you to pain. You have to be brave, child. May the gods of Moggadoria be with you, " he said, with sympathy laden in his voice. I nodded tearfully.

I wiped my tears away and pulled myself together. I went to the dorms. Hasina was not there and for that I was grateful.

It would've been difficult to come up with a lie to explain why I have been crying. I was in no state to make up lies. It were moments like this that I longed for my late mother. There was no need to plaster happiness on my face when I was alone. When I was alone I was not Emmeranne, the pureblood Corbinuous. When I was alone I was Emmeranne L'ossidiana, the halfblood destined to die.

There were times I wanted to end my life. Havens knew how many times I held a dagger against my throat but at the end I was too afraid to do it, to end my life. There were times when I felt the shadows of my secrets suffocating me. The secrets weighed heavily on my shoulders, begging to be freed. Earthelen had no place for me. I was living a lie and I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel guilty.

Secrets have a way of coming out. I was prepared for that day. The day when the Royals capture me. I finally slept after my long overly emotional day. Another nightmare plagued me.

I was wearing a torn grey dress. My wrists and ankles were shackled with thick cuffs made of an unusual metal. A shadowy figure stood proudly before me. " You are mine,ambrosia and I shall have you however and whenever I want. Tonight happens to be your lucky night," the dark figure sneered at me with dark malice in the depths of its cold eyes. It was a man.