Chapter 15

Meeting Osydian had been exciting. She was a witch from Earthelona Eris. Some of the females in her family got to be gate keepers. Because they were one of the most powerful witches, the gate keeper status was more fitting for them.

We slept late last night listening to Osydian's epic tales about her life as a gate keeper. I even got to learn about some of the creatures I've never heard of, namely :the Dragorians,the Muryns and the Druiegans.

" Artemia, wake up," said a deep lilting voice. I groaned when I felt hands shaking me.

" No," I said groggily. " Artemia, " said the awfully annoying person. " Go away, " I muttered sleepily. The blanket I was borrowing under was snatched away, prolonging my anguish and annoyance. The pillow followed.

I opened my eyes and sat upright. The sight that was infront of me was so repulsive and infuriating I wanted to hit it. " Morning, beautiful, " said Jethrah smirking at my annoyed face. " I really hate you right now," I grumbled.

" Osydian and I are going out to get a few things. So you are stuck with prince charming for a few hours, " he said, winking at me. I rolled my eyes at him. " You woke me up to tell me that. Jethrah, you are really getting on my last nerve," I said angrily.

" You should be thanking me. I'm giving you time to get to know mystery man. Now go clean up and get your cute ass downstairs." With that said, he went out.

I wanted to strangle him. Gods, he was annoying. I made the bed and took a long soothing shower. When I was done, I wore a grey bell sweater, black jeggings and black combat boots.

I went downstairs to the kitchen and ate breakfast. The house was hauntingly silent. It was kind of tedious without Jethrah's constant chatter. The was no holoprojector or any other entertainment device. Osydian didn't want her sanctuary to be tainted with technology . The light spheres were a product of magic.

I went to the backyard. It was kind of scary and dark. The trees were so dark, they didn't allow light through them. I could hear doves cooing and the ravens croaking as though they were in a very heated argument.

I smiled at my silly thoughts. What could birds possibly argue about? I doubted it had anything to do with which bird was better looking. The sounds of groans and heavy pants caught my attention. The sounds came from within the trees.

I ran to the trees. I was one of those nokuratus who were exceedingly curious of things no matter how dangerous they could turn out to be. More pants and groans resonated through the forest making me run to the source faster.

The sight I came upon was frighteningly beautiful and mesmerizing. It was Corbin. He was on his knees, his black feathery wings fluttering behind him. Blood ran down the length of his back. Silver swirly marks adorned his ivory skin.

" Corbin, are you okay?" It was a very stupid thing to ask. Ofcourse, he was was not okay. I quickly ran to him. His white t-shirt was lying next to him. I took it and gently wiped the blood on his back. His was quivering, sweat rolling down his back.

" What's wrong, Corbin? " I asked worriedly. " This is what happens when you don't let your wings out regularly. They force themselves out," he croaked. His voice was laden with pain.

" Can't you force them back. You cannot spend the whole day in this state. You'll get sick, " I said." I can't do that now. Imagine not using your hands for a month. When you use then again, it will be painful. The pain will lessen the more you use them. It's the same thing with wings, " he explained.

" How long will that take? " I asked, sitting beside him. " I really don't know. We can't go to Earthelona Eris while I'm like this. I won't even fit through the portal," he replied, breathing heavily.

" I wish I had wings. It must be pretty awesome soaring the sky," I said wistfully.

" You can will them out. You are just too afraid to try. You are not human. There has to be some Corbinuous abilities locked within you." I glared at him. " I have tried so many times but my efforts were always futile . I can't deceive myself into thinking that I have them," I muttered angrily.

" You just never believed you could do it. The Dragorian halfbloods can will their wings out. You just have to keep trying, Artemia." He stared at me softly.

We sat quietly in comfortable silence. There was something calming about being close to him. He was not a very chatty lad like Jethrah and that suited him.

His left wing cocooned me with its warmth and earthly scent. I sighed in contentment. ' Could I really will my wings out?'

That was the only question running through my mind. I was afraid of disappointment but I was willing to try once more. It was not going to be easy, that I could tell. Most flying creatures learned flying at a young age and I was a grown ass woman. Only gods knew what the future held for. I hoped my future included knowing how to fly.

CORVUS BLAYZE DARKREST

I watched in both rage and hate as Corbin's house burned to the ground. Burning his house didn't give me enough satisfaction to quench my thirst for his blood. My resentment for him ran deeper than any feeling I've ever felt before.

I should've known he'd do something like this. I wanted to make him suffer for what he did. I'd hunt for him to the ends of Earthelen if I had to. I stared at my guards. " Take him to the palace dungeons," I ordered. They nodded and did as they were told. They took Heron in the hovercraft.

I had no idea where Corbin could be and for that I was more than willing to torture his butler for information. I got in the backseat of my hovercar and my chauffeur drove me to the palace.

When we arrived, I instructed the guards to shackle him. I went to the conference room for the meeting. All the clan leaders of the Darkess Coven were the. The capture of the halfblood was a big deal for us. She was our future. Corbin had just warranted himself a death sentence for his betrayal.

From this day onward he was dead to me. " Did the servant tell you anything? " asked Father.

" He doesn't want to betray his master," I responded gruffly.

" See what your son has done,Rydda. This is why we remain the ruling clan. Who knows what the Lanchess will do if they rule," said the king.

" Now, now, my king. There is no need to insult my clan for my son's betrayal," said Rydda calmly.

" He couldn't have gone far yet. We can still find him. He has to be burned alive for what he did. We simply cannot forgive him for this," Father said through gritted teeth.

" It is settled then, Corbinuous. Corbin is to be killed once he's found. His status in royalty doesn't mean anything, " said Lord Saillo. We all nodded and stood up.

I was in my study, looking at the crescent moon. The colour of the moon reminded me of my halfblood and her striking silver eyes. I could've had my way with her. I could've tasted the pearl of her innocence and relished the sounds of her moans of pleasure.

She could've been in our room now with the memories of Ravenna and I pleasuring her fresh in her mind and with the possibility of being pregnant. I curse the day I started trusting Corbin. He was not going to get away with these.

When we find him I wanted to drive my claws repeatedly in his heart. I wanted to be the one to end his pitiful existence. Emmeranne was mine and she'll remain that way. I was the only one who was going take her innocence.

♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

Thanks for reading, guys. I hope you love the chapter. Emmeranne is starting to tolerate Corbin's presence. I hope this leads to something heart warming. You never know what the future might hold.

MARTHA STREAMS