Chapter 28

Time really flies when your are exceedingly happy. I was six months pregnant now and I could give birth any day. I was always hungry and that in turn made me big. My watermelon of a belly prevented me from seeing beyond it.

Xathelia helped me with everything. And I was grateful for her help despite how fussy and moody I was. Ravenna on the other hand had been distant. She was always going out and she no longer shared a room with me.
I thought she was dating someone and she didn't need my company anymore. I was alright with it and I couldn't wait to meet her mysterious boyfriend.

Corbin was always spending time with me. He  even got the privilege to feel my babies kick for the first time. We had made our relationship official. We were now mates and all was left was performing the mating ritual. But for that to happen we had to wait till I had given birth and purified myself.

I was cursed with bad luck and this time was no different. But nothing could've prepared for what my enemies had in store for me. And nothing could've prepared me for the seering betrayal of the one I thought was my kunohn.

It was just like any other day. And I was in my room just reading some fantasy novel. Corbin was away on a business meeting and Jethrah had accompanied him. Xathelia and other servants were busy with the preparations of the Hollow Moon Ball which was going to take place in a few days time. Catana and Meyleisha were locked up in some room creating our outfits.

During the course of the day Xathelia would occasionally bring me food and keep me company. I had to be monitored incase I went into labor.

When night darkened the sky I was still in my room awaiting Corbin to come back home. I was anxious for some reason and that feeling always came when something bad was bound to happen. I tried earnestly to rid the feeling but it always weasels itself back in my heart with full force.

" Are they not back yet?" I asked referring to Corbin and Jethrah. Xathelia shook her head. " I'm afraid they are not here. Don't worry they'll be back before you know it." She replied.

" When you say I must not worry is the more I worry. Something is wrong. I can feel it. " I looked throughout the window.

" Don't say that, Emmeranne. Everything is just fine. " I wanted to believe but I couldn't ignore the possibility of something awful happening.

" I'm sorry but I have to go. Athela is summoning me. I'll come check on you later, " she said, heading to the door. I nodded and she went out. I went to the chaise lounge that was infront of the bed and sat on it.

If I was to give birth tonight I wanted Corbin to be there. He was,afterall going to be the father of my children. He had to be there so as to heal me after birth.

I drifted off in a deep sleep. Someone shook my hand to wake me up.

I opened my eyes and met Ravenna's. " Wake up sleepy head." She helped me up.

" What do you want Ravenna?" I stared at her. Her eyes wandered from the floor then the chaise lounge. She didn't meet my eyes which automatically told me she was hiding something.

" Corbin called me and he said he has a lovely surprise for you. He told me where he was and said I must take you there," she said, walking to the closet. I was a bit confused. I thought Corbin was very busy all day and night with back to back meetings.

She came out carrying a long black dress with long sleeves and and strap sandals. I wore the out fit she chose for me. When I was done she led out me out of the room. We walked in a very unfamiliar corridor. It was earily dark.

When came across a tall portrait of Corvus. She touched the portrait and I heard a click sound. The sound of door being unlocked. " Come along now. This secret passage will lead us outside where I have parked my hovercar."