Chapter 21

" Did you really think you'd escape from me?" asked prince Corvus, a smug smile plastered on his aristocratic face. The meer sight of him was sickening. There was no doubt that he was a beautiful creature but his cruelty overshadowed his handsome features, morphing them into something sinister.

We were in the all too familiar room that I had spent a great many days trapped in the first time I was captured. The bedding was changed together with the drapes twisting around the posts and the drapes hanging from the windows. They were ruby red with gold embroidery.

Peach,plum and Ruby pillows covered almost half the bed. I was not thrown in a cell like the last time but I still felt no pleasure for the luxurious room I was locked in. It made me think of blood.

" I don't have to wait for the Hollow Moon to bed you,you know. You might as well start appreciating the honor that was bestowed upon you." He cupped my face.

I felt naked to him and I was not being melodramatic. The ruby night frock I wore was see through and I was not wearing anything underneath it. All my modesty was bared to the prince like some sort of invitation.

He was wearing a black loincloth and nothing else. His naked chest glistened with sweat. It was awfully hot in the room. I felt sweat rolling down the length of my back. He sat at the edge of the bed.

" Submit to me,Artemia. Give yourself to me." He trailed his gaze over every inch of my body, biting his lip in approval and anticipation. " If you want to see your friends live to see another day you'd give yourself to me." He was making this harder every time he spoke. He was not giving me any choice.

I felt small and slutty standing before him. " If you are willing, I might be lenient on them. Think about it, a cria, their lives are in your hands." Gods,he was so infuriating.

Jethrah and Corbin had sacrificed everything to save me and I had to return the favor. Giving myself to the prince meant that I wouldn't be a worthy potential mate for Corbin but it didn't matter, as long as I saved them. ' Gods, save me from this horrid nightmare, ' I said to myself.

A kneeled before him, my head hung low. Even though I was recoiling inside I had to do what the prince wanted. There was no turning back.

I felt him smirking at me. " kurine, ambrosia," he ordered. I did what I was ordered to do. He rose from the bed and changed our positions so that my back was facing the bed. He then pushed me to the bed and hovered over me.

I closed my eyes in fear of watching him do as he desired with my innocent body. " Open your eyes, ambrosia," he said, annoyance laden in his words. " I want to see your eyes as I take you. "

He leaned to my face and kissed me. I just laid on the blood bed unfeeling. To me the kiss was void of emotions. He unclothed me and studied my body, licking his lips. He practically groaned just looking at me.

I willed my mind to think about Corbin and that was how I endured being violated by the prince. I stared impassively at the painted ceiling all through the sinful union. Corvus was lost in the throes of lust to notice the tears trailing down my face.

* * *

I didn't sleep a wink. Self-loathing had kept me tossing and turning the remaining hours of the night. Just thinking about what happened last night made me want to hang myself. I felt dirty and used.

Prince Corvus was sound asleep with a sated look on his face. I almost flinched at the sight of him. He had his arm around my waist, trapping me against his firm chest. My body was sore in places I shouldn't even mention and I was thoroughly exhausted.

I could still feel his calloused hands all over my body, touching me so intimately. He had violated my body in the most sinful way possible. I was no longer pure. That brought tears to my eyes. For a moment I regretted what I did. How was Corbin going to look at me now after what I did?