Chapter 17

I woke up to the sound of birds singing. I yawned while stretching my body . It was nice waking up without having to face prince Corvus. I felt at peace with the world. Earthelona Eris was proving to be a paradise for me.

I took a quick shower and wore a forestGreen peasant dress and Saddlebrown ankle strap sandals. Afra came to escort me to the kitchen. I couldn't wait to see my saviors. With the way Jethrah was acting last night about the sleeping arrangements, I was curious how he survived a night with his friend. We arrived in the kitchen . Jethrah was the only one here. He was wearing a grey tunic with matching grey pants.

" Good morning, " I beamed at him ." What's so good about this morning? " muttered Jethrah.

" What's troubling you? " I asked while taking a seat across the table facing him.

" I had to sleep on the couch. My back and neck are killing me, " he grunted rubbing circles on his neck. " Where is Corbin?" I enquired. That earned a grin on Jethrah's face.

" Wouldn't you like to know? " he asked, wiggling his eyebrows. I rolled my eyes at him. " Forget I asked, " I muttered.

" He is in the forest training, " replied Jethrah. Afra offered us a delicious looking breakfast and we happily devoured it.

I offered to wash the dishes when we were done eating. Jethrah went back to the guest room he shared with his friend claiming that he needed his beauty sleep. I had no idea where Afra was. For a tree house, it was quite big. It was a two storey house with a tree protruding from its heart.

I went to the forest to search for Corbin. Even though I had come to know little about him,there was still a lot of mystery around him. Something about him drew me to him. I wanted to know who he was exactly.

I found him standing in a clearing, his wings out. They shown blue, purple and black in the light of the sun. To be honest I had no idea of what brightened this planet. It was far too yellow to be a sun. I just called it a sun to put a name to it.

His wings fluttered and twitched behind him. I strode to him. He stared at me over his shoulder. " Morning, Artemia, " he greeted softly. I smiled at him.

" Are they still painful? " I asked, gesturing to his wings. He shook his head. " No. Afra helped ease the pain away. "

" What are you doing out here?" he asked softly as he sat on the ground. I plopped myself beside him.

" I just want to get to know the mysterious man who saved me from captivity," I smiled at him. " What do you want to know, exactly? " he raised a brow questioningly.

" Who exactly are you? " I asked, looking deep in his obsidian orbs. " I am prince Corbin Alaric Lanchess. A disgrace to my family and an enemy to the Darkrests," he muttered coldly. I gaped at him. I had only seen him once when I was ten.

His family was next in line to ruling the Darkess coven. He was a very successful business man. Why in the gods would he give that up to save me? He was either very brave or crazy. He had betrayed his blood.

" Why would you do that for a stranger, a halfblood to say the least?"

" I might be a royal pureblood but I'm not as cold and heartless as my cousin. I have lived my life without a purpose. I am practically an outcast in my family and that is why I saved you. We have both been treated like vermin in our world and I feel that it's time we change that."

He tugged a lock of my hair behind my ear. " We are in a way similar, you and I. I feel like you are the only person who can understand my pain," he murmured.

" But we are different. You are a royal. Your pain can't compare to mine. You can be spared for your betrayal but not me," I stared at the ground tearfully.