Chapter 7

I slowly opened my eyes. The radiant rays of the sun crept in prince Corvus's room. It felt good waking up on that bed. It was much too comfortable to hate. I was more than relieved that he didn't force himself on me last night. Apparently, I had annoyed him enough to turn him off. The thought that any mateless girl would've thought me a fool to pass such an opportunity didn't even cross my mind.

I would never let myself to be used by anyone. I had not saved my purity all these years just to have some evil prince taint me. I couldn't care less if rejecting the prince would ruin my chances of being likable in this palace.

I would fight for my purity till the bitter end. I relished the trifle power I had which was to piss the prince off. He had left me in a fit of rage as I insulted him every chance I got. I had never laughed so much in my life. His reaction was one I would never get tired of seeing.

The three women from last night got inside the room halting my train of thoughts. Their presence automatically ruined my joyful mood. If they were here it could only mean they were taking me back to my cell. " Are you here to escort me back to that hellhole?" I got out of the warm covers of the heavenly comfortable bed.

" Who am I kidding? I'm already in hell, though it looks decent than the cell," I said, gesturing to the room. Catana and Meyleisha sighed and looked at me with pity while Hualing didn't spare me a glance. I have to admit I preferred Hualing's blank stares than the pitying looks I got from the other two servants.

" Bath, morter. As the potential heir bearer you have to be presentable at all times. You are going to house the Chorrubin heir and thus you should be bathed in luxury, " said Catana. I glared at her with defiance. It irked me to how she regarded my situation as honor. I guess to a willing girl it would be a dream come true but for me it was a harsh reality.

I did take a bath but I refused to wear the extravagant dress they laid on the bed for me to wear. It would be my death to accept gifts from my captors. They were trying to soften me up,make me more accepting. There was nothing that they could do to win me over.

I chose to were the simplest dress I could find. It was a black long sleeved dress that was unflattering. It was every fashion designer's nightmare. A fashion suicide. My hair was tied in a messy burn. Catana and Meyleisha left the room with exaggerated sadness. Hualing gave me a few novels to read before leaving. Even though I preferred the light projector as my source of entertainment I was still grateful for the books. It was better than nothing.

For the brief time I had spent with prince Corvus I knew he was not a thoughtful guy. I don't think he'd do anything to be on my good side. He was bad and he knew it. The first novel was actually a non- fiction. It talked about king Cainus and Surethra. It started from how she was captured and her attempts at escaping. The book was not really thick, making it easier for me to finish.

The servant who had escorted me to this room yesterday brought my breakfast. Like yesterday, she didn't acknowledge me and neither did I. I couldn't believe the nonsense that was written in the book. Some of the things I read reminded me of Mr Nyx. It talked about how Surethra threw herself at the king. It was sickening to read the lies in the book.

There was no halfblood in his or her right mind who would willingly want to be near the Royals. Our fear of them forced us to keep our distance. If Surethra was alive she would probably kill the author who was responsible for the lies. Her reputation was tarnished by the meer words filled in each page.

Was this how people would remember me after I get killed? No one would care to hear the truth and I doubt the Royals would tell the truth. I would probably end up like Surethra. I would be the abomination that had seduced the prince to bed me. Everyone would remember me as a loose fiend that had tainted the prince.