Chapter 16

We were in the basement staring at a black door. With all the bright colours all over the house I was surprised the door was this plain and dull. It was the portal. To be honest I was expecting something magical and captivating but I was not complaining. I was going to Earthelona Eris. The anticipation of seeing that world had my heart pounding erratically in the chest.

Nothing could describe how ecstatic I was. Corbin wings had taken about a week to go back inside his body. The good thing was that he was fine and he had no wounds.

I had spent the whole week by his side chatting about everything that came to mind. We had gotten pretty close and it was acceptable to say we were now friends.

Osydian was chanting spells in a very foreign ancient tongue. Her arms were raised up and her face was clear of any emotion. She was wearing yet another black dress. Come to think about it, she always wore black clothes. They made her colourful hair even more bright.Her chants halted and she stared at us.

" The portal is going to take you to Zaklov city. There you will meet my friend Afra. She has long snow-white and pale purple eyes. You can't miss her in the crowds. You are to live with her until things settle down in this world, " she instructed.

The black door opened. The inside was so dark, you couldn't make out anything. I was a bit nervous to go through that door. Who knows what was lurking in the darkness of the portal. Osydian had never given me a reason to be wary of her but the whole magic portals thing was freaking me out.

I had never met other witches before. My father made sure of that. I still don't know why he despised then so much but that was my father for you,everyone was an enemy to him. I guess my existence had made him paranoid and ever cautious.

" You have to go in now. When I open the portal, my shield disappears. You have to go," she stared at us, worry etched on her face.

" Hold each other's hands so that you end up in the same place," she instructed. " The last thing I want is having to search for you all over Earthelona Eris. Keep in mind that the world of supernaturals is three times larger than this world,making it easier to get lost. "

We did as we were told and held each other's hands. We walked to the door and we got swallowed by the darkness. Osydian's chants were the last thing I heard before the door closed. I closed my eyes and prayed that I don't end up lost, with no memory of whom I am.

* * *

" Artemia, wake up, " said a distant soft voice. I peeked at the person and met Corbin's obsidian orbs. I sat upright. I felt dizzy, on the verge of throwing up.

" Breathe,Artemia, " he murmured. I did just that. " Is she alright? " asked a soft singsong voice. I stared at the person who spoke. It was a lass with long snow-white hair. It was Afra. She looked like a fairy with her fair skin tone and soft features.

" I'm fine, " I said getting up. " Let's go,it's not safe to stay out in open like this. There are many dark creatures lurking in the shadows." She turned and walked away. We followed after her to gods knew where.

Along the way I saw so many creatures I've never seen before. They were frighteningly fascinating. I even got to see vampires and mermaids. This was really the world of supernaturals. They didn't hide who they were, infact,they embraced what they were.

We got in a dark alleyway. Afra conjured up a portal in a wall. " Come,we don't have all day, " she gestured for us to go through the portal. I closed my eyes and clutched Corbin's astonishingly soft hand. We went through the portal. Magic orbited around us until it dissipated.

" Isn't that just lovely?" said someone with a deep playful voice. It was Jethrah. Only he could find joy at the oddest situations. I opened my eyes only to find Jethrah grinning at me and Corbin. I stared at him with furrowed brows . My left hand was cocooned by warmth and gentleness. I gazed at it and almost did a double take at what I was seeing.