Chapter 27

I stared at the bunch of athelas and roses beside me. They were from Corbin. Jethrah was right. He was a hopeless romantic.

The note that came with the flowers was in my hand. He was asking me out. I felt like I could jump for the hills and sing,even though I was a terrible singer. This was just a dream.
When Ravenna read the letter she was more than happy to summon Catana and Meyleisha.

It didn't take long when they arrived to prep me up. " You are one lucky lass. When I was your age I'd be lucky if any lad noticed me," mumbled Meyleisha.

" You have princes fawning over you. How do you do it?" Catana stared at me questioningly. For some reason what they said made me feel loose. It was like they thought I was throwing myself at the Royals. All my life I had been trying to stay as fair away from them as possible. I don't even know why my Dad enrolled me in Loreali Academy.

I chose to remain silent. They didn't ask anything else when they saw how angry I was at them. And to think I was starting to warm up to them.

" We are done, love. We wish you luck with the prince. " They both went out leaving me to my devices. It was night time already and Corbin was on his way to come get me. Last night he had promised to take me to a place that was in the kingdom square.

That gave me have more reason to be giddy with anticipation. They had dressed me in a long grey chiffon dress, a silver hood cloak and clear scrappy heels. My hair was pulled up in a curley tail that was secured with a silver band.

The knock on the door caught my attention. Chills ran down the length of my back and my heart beat faster than usual. He was here. Havens, I felt like I was fifteen years old going on my first date. Then again, I had never been on a date. This was all so new to me. I was a blushing mess and I was over the moon with bliss.

I went to the door and opened it. There stood my knight in a shining amour. He was clad in a navy blue suit with a white dress shirt that had a few buttons undone and black shiny dress shoes . His hair was combed back. Overall, he looked like a dream. And I still say that he was not meant to settle for a girl like me while there were pure mateless girls out there waiting for a guy like him.

" You look beautiful, Artemia. " He complement and kissed the top of my right hand. " You don't look too bad yourself, prince Corbin. " I flashed him a lopsided smile. That earned a hearty chuckle from him. He held my hand and led me outside the palace.

His hovercar was on the driveway. And beside it stood a man with blond dreadlocks. He was wearing a black suit,typical for chauffeurs. He smirked once he saw us and opened the back door for us.

" Wipe that smirk off your face, Killa. It doesn't suit you, " remarked Corbin with a smirk of his own.

" It's about time," said Killa. " I was beginning to think you'd die a virgin." He snickered at Corbin. Corbin blushed while glaring at the Killa character.

" Shut up will you or I'll fire you." Corbin threatened playfully. The blond lad chortled. They were friends. It was quite obvious. I was quite envious of them. It were times like these that I thought of my friends.

Corbin motioned for me to get in first and I did just that. He got in after me and Killa closed the door. He got in the driver's seat and started the engine. The hovercar purred to life and levitated from the ground.

Before you know it were we out of the palace grounds making our way to the kingdom square. People were walking to their destinations. It was my first time seeing many Corbinuous in one place. I grew up locked up in my parents house. We didn't even reside in this kingdom.

The ladies wore long halter neck dresses that were either lacey or made from leather or some rough fabric that resembled that of sacks. Men wore woolley knee length tunics and cotton pants with black lace up boots. They were more traditional than I initially thought.

Killa parked the hovercar infront of a fancy looking restaurant called Nezur. Killa opened the door for us. When Corbin stepped out he helped me out.

He led me in the restaurant. I was so nervous. This whole date thing was overwhelming. Corbin was a perfect gentleman. He opened the door for me and even let me sit before he sat. He had already made reservations and because he was the prince, the owner of the restaurant had made our table extra special.

I was so lost in looking at Corbin I didn't even bother with my surroundings. They didn't matter. All that mattered was the lad sitting on the chair across the table from me.

Our conversation was light and a bit funny at times. Everything was just perfect. We were served heavenly meals. The stuff went all out on the artistic dishes they created.

Being with Corbin was amazing. He made me feel wanted. Even with the gorgeous girls ogling him his eyes were trained only on me. We didn't spend the whole night out much to my disappointment. He said I had to sleep. I had to do that not only for myself but for my children as well. It warmed my heart when he was concerned about me.

We went back yo the palace and he carried bridal style to my room. My legs were swelling and my heels were long gone. I didn't waste time discarding them for killing my legs.

When we reached my room he let me down on my feet. Our eyes locked. Right at that perfect moment I knew without doubt he was mine. The gods had made him for me. Our connection was not like those of mates but it was deeper. Just looking at him had butterflies in my stomach and electricity surging through my veins.

I was mesmerized. I wanted to kiss him but I couldn't bring myself to make the first move. The only man who had dared to kiss was Corvus. I had no confidence in my kissing skills.

He made the move. When his plumb lips met mine, electricity burst from the contact of our lips and spread all over my body. He didn't even hold back when he stole my breath away with his sexy assault. I guess he wanted to remove any lingering trace of Corvus scent on my lips. The kiss was so intense and hot. It had my toes curling in excitement.

I gripped his blazer when he deepened the kiss. When he nibbled my lower lip I moaned shamelessly. He groaned in the kiss then pulled back, leaving me a panting flushed mess. We both stared at each breathlessly.

" We better stop right now before I lose my mind, " he said huskily when running his fingers through his hair. I agreed. You would be amazed how a simple kiss could lead to. He pulled me to his chest and pecked my forehead.

" Goodnight, Artemia, " he murmured while nuzzling my hair. " Goodnight, Corbin. " I said softly.

We parted ways. I got in my room and he went to his. And thankfully I didn't know where it was. With all the hormones raging inside me I was afraid of what I could do when I saw him. I had to control myself. I heaved a sigh dreamily my back against the door.

Ravenna's amused chuckles slapped me out of my dreamy state. " Seems like you had a good time. Did he give you some sugar? " She approached me and pulled me further in the room. She went in closet to get me a sleeping gown. She helped me out off my clothes and let my hair down.

When she was done dressing me up we got on the bed. She pulled the cover over us.

" Soo,how was your date?" She asked while propping her head against the palm of her left hand giving her undivided attention.

" Oh my god , Ravenna, it was magical. It was everything I hoped it would be. Simply out of this world perfect," I said dreamily. She chuckled at my words.

" Well that's wonderful. If it had gone wrong I was going to beat the hell out of him."

" Well goodnight, a cria, " she murmured sleepily. I frowned at her. I was no longer her wife and I don't think I ever was. Corvus had driven her into thinking that we were together. I had never wanted to be part of their twisted version of a relationship. I had even told her how uncomfortable I was when she called me her wife. I was not even homosexual to begin with.

I shrugged it off then slept. Maybe it was a slip of the tongue. There was no way I was going to let her be anything more than a friend. Corbin was now my mate and I didn't want her to worm her way in our relationship.

♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

I'm sorry the chapter is short. I just couldn't wait to write the next chapter. Thanks for reading and  tell me what you think of this chapter. I hope you love it.

MARTHA STREAMS