Chapter 2

I woke up in the morning fresh as daisy. The nightmare I had last night might have creeped me out but I was used to it by now. I have been experiencing it for a while now it had become second nature to me. It started the moment my body bloomed into the teenage years. While normal females suffered from the unforgiving menstrual cycle, I had suffered both the vicious cycle and vivid terrifying dreams that tormented me every night in my sleep.

Something told me that it had to have something to do with the fact that I was a halfblood. I had no place amongst my species. I was half of what I was supposed to be. A pureblood Corbinuous or a human. While I was happy for being different, the rejection and humiliation I was subjected to in both the supernatural world and the mundane world was enough to crush every ounce of hope I had of being accepted.

Percasia High had been a great human school but it was not enough to make me feel normal. My peers could tell that there was something wrong with me. My hair was obsidian black.It cascaded to my mid-back elegantly. I had startling silver eyes that I had to hide with contact lenses from my peers. My nails were short and naturally obsidian. I had an ivory skin tone that made me look like a porcelain doll. My late mother used to say that I was celestial. A gift from the gods of Moggadoria.

While I was ravishing bordering on ethereality, my classmates had always been wary of me. I was a predator. Their instincts warned them to stay clear of me. I had done nothing to warrant that I was dangerous but my very nature scared them away from me.

I took a quick shower and I wore my school uniform. The school uniform consisted of a black blazer that accentuated my hour glass shaped waist and bust completed with the school crest and silver buttons, a grey pleated skirt,tall socks,a crisp white dress shirt adorned with a red ribbon and finally, black balley pumps.

My hair was done in a plait that was accentuated by tiny patterned braids. I heard a groan sounding from the other side of the room. It was my roommate's side of the room. She woke up and got out of bed wearing a flimsy night frock that left little to the imagination.

"What time is it? "she yawned. It was not enough that I loathed every minute of being at this Academy, now I had to deal with a tardy roommate. "It's time for you to get ready before you get late for school," I said with annoyance. "So, you must be my new roommate? I hope you last longer than my last nine roommates, " she said nonchalantly.

I didn't stay long in my room. I made my way to the cafeteria for breakfast, not missing the curious stares that were directed to me. I ignored them. After getting my breakfast I sat at the furthest table away from prying eyes.

A moment later I saw my roommate heading my way. Now that she was wearing the school uniform and her makeup and hair were done she looked beautiful. She had a mass of honey blonde curls framing her heart shaped face. Her skin was sun kissed and radiant. She was really beautiful.

"I'm Hasina Aurera Mesi, at your service, "she said with a mock salute. She plopped herself on the chair across the table. "It's rude to stare,Kippi," she smirked. "I'm Emmeranne. "

"I was selected to guide you. Bernado won't be able to as he is currently busy, "she stared intently at me then she added "I hope you are not disappointed. " I chuckled. "I'm quite relieved. I don't think hanging out with him would be good for my reputation. " Hasina chuckled heartily. "I wouldn't mind hanging out with him. He's quite sexy once you get over his impassive visage, " she winked at me.

"You are unbelievable, Hasina. Tell me about this funeral parlour you call a school."

"We host many events in this Academy. We have Balls for each supernatural event,festivals and sports. There are ofcourse unexpected and dangerous happenings that keep us on our toes but don't worry. We are a supernatural Academy afterall."