-Chapter Twenty-Six-

"I'll wait for you at the bottom of The Grand Staircase at six sharp. Sound good?" (Twin you chose) said, getting up from the maroon common room couch.

You hum a yes, watching him then run up the steps to his dorm, and soon out of sight.

Tonight was going to be a big night. The day of the Yule Ball had finally arrived and everyone was incredibly excited. The last class of the day had been called off in order of preparation for the ball. The common room was almost empty, except for a few first years who weren't allowed to attend.

I get to go to a winter ball with the boy of my dreams in a beautiful dress that makes me feel like a princess.

...

Up in Angelina's dorm, You, Hermione, Ginny and Angie herself were getting ready for the long night ahead.

"Okay!" Angelina called, standing on her trunk to be taller. "Have all you lovely ladies had showers cuz you don't wanna smell bad while dancing with the boys?"

"Of course!" Hermione says from in front of a mirror. She was putting on her makeup, being careful.

"Yeah, we're not animals, Angelina." Says a quiet Ginny brushing her long, ginger hair

Tonight was going to be special, you just knew it. (Twin you chose) was going to be standing at the bottom of the staircase, waiting for his princess. You could just imagine dancing with him and how wonderful it would be. Just then, you think of your dress.

"I forgot my dress in my dorm, guys. I'm going to run and get it. I'll be back soon." You say, dropping your hairbrush on the floor as you sprint towards the door.

I can't believe I didn't bring my dress!

You run down the almost empty corridors to the Hufflepuff common room, trying to avoid teaches. You were wearing an over sized Hufflepuff sweatshirt and short-shorts that you usually wore to bed, but were wearing while getting ready for the ball.

Your high top black converse made a loud sound while running, but you didn't have time to care about that right now.

You finally arrive at the common room and as soon as you get inside you run as fast as possible to your dorm, huffing and puffing.

...

Got the dress and shoes. Am I forgetting anything? You think while strutting into the common room, still getting over your heart burn from running.

"Hey, Y/N."

No. Please, not now.

"Hi, Cedric. How's that nose healing up?" You ask sarcastically, turning to see the tall Hufflepuff.

"Madam Pomfrey actually fixed in two seconds."

"Cool, I don't really care right now." You turn to leave with the box and shoes in your hands.

"Hey, you asked." He put up two defensive hands, giving you attitude.

Okay. You wanna play that game, then do you?

"Cedric, who you taking to the ball?" You ask, now facing him.

"Cho Chang from Ravenclaw. Why?"

"Maybe Cho would like to hear about how you pretty much harassed me?"

"Please don't, Y/N." He practically begged.

"Fine. But promise me you won't do to her what you did to me." You say, pointing a firm finger at his face.

"Promise. I would never do that to her."

You adjust your things in your arms and ask him a genuine question.

"Then why would you do it to me?"

...

Hair. Check.
Makeup. Check.
Jewelry. Check.
Now all I need is my dress.

Taking out your wand, you speak and spell and zip up the back of your dress.

Wow. I look.... incredible.

The dress your mother had sent was exactly what you had wanted. A lavender colour dress that swept the floor as you walked. The satin skirt had layers of beautiful, glittery folds. The waistband thick, and to your surprise, the straps weren't itchy. It fit perfectly and made you feel like you were in a fairytale.

As you stepped out of the bathroom, all three girls had their mouthed hanging open at your beauty

As you stepped out of the bathroom, all three girls had their mouthed hanging open at your beauty. They couldn't believe their eyes.

"My brother is so lucky! He gets to take a princess to the ball." Ginny announced, still shocked.

"Aw, thank you, Ginny." You say, putting your hands to your heart.

"Wow." Was the only thing Hermione could say. She was astounded at your looks. "Are you part Veela because you look incredible, Y/N."

"So do all of you! You girls look amazing and Fred, Viktor and Neville are very lucky." You motion to each of the girls while saying the names of their dates. "Angie... you haven't said anything."

"Girl, my bestie looks fineeeee!" She squeals, pulling you into a hug.

"So does mine! Now let's go get our boys!"