-Chapter Eleven-

tap tap tap.

There was a soft knock at the door.

"Who is is?" You call quietly, but loud enough for whoever was on the other side of the door to hear you.

"It's Freddie. I need to talk to you, Y/N."

Even though you couldn't see him, you could tell he was looking sad.

"You can come in." You say.

He slowly opened the door and stepped inside.

He smiled and laughed when he saw your state.

You were cuddled up on your bed, wearing a hoodie and sweatpants, covered in blankets and pillow of all colours. You were watching Netflix on your laptop with a tub of chocolate ice cream.

"So this is what you where skipping class for, huh." He said, sitting down on Angelina's bed.

You clicked the space bar to pause your movie and chat with Fred. You offer him some ice cream and he gladly takes the tub and has a spoonful. When he tries to fit a giant scoop in his mouth you giggle.

"So, why were you allowed the day off?" He asked you, handing the chocolate ice cream back to you.

"Told Professor Sprout I needed a mental health day."

"That's it?"

"Hey, you know how good I am at acting. I could fool Snape if I wanted." You take a scoop in your mouth and pat the bed beside you, indicating you wanted Fred to come sit with you.

He lies down on the messily-placed pile of pillows beside you and squirms a bit, trying to get comfortable.

"I take it your not mad at me anymore?" He says, turning Dirty Dancing back on.

You shake your head negative and wrap your arms around him. He smiles when you do this.

"You were upset. I get it. I mean I've snapped at you loads of times."

You two sit there for about five minutes. Then, a funny part comes on the movie and you laugh.

"Y/N Y/L/N?" He says, propping himself up on his elbows, making you let go of him.

"Yes, Fred Gideon Weasley?"

"Will you let me take you on a date?"

"What will George think about this?" You ask him.

"He can take you on a date, I don't care, because whatever he's going to do, I'm going to do so much better." He smirks at you.

"I'd love to go on a date with you." You blush.

"Great. When are you free?"

"Hmmm...." You think. "Does Saturday afternoon work for you?"

"Why, yes it does."

"Great." You say.

"Great. I'll send you an owl giving the details of our date."
...

The next day you were sitting in the courtyard, reading a book on the greatest pranks of the century when a very familiar voice called your name.

"Hi, George." You say, without looking up from your book.

"Hey. There's something I've been meaning to ask you and I can't wait any longer." He takes a seat beside you and lets out a long breath.

"Would you like to go on a date with me?"

He tried not to break contact as he waited for your answer.

"W-when were you thinking?" You reply.

"Oh, uh... maybe Saturday?"

"George." You close your book and hold his hand in your hands. "I'm actually going on a date with Freddie on Saturday but I'm not opposed to going on a date with you on Sunday."

He took a deep breath and said "Good...great..."

He tried to get up but you pull him back down.

"Hey, listen, I'm sure whatever you have planned for our date will be wonderful."

You give him a peck on the cheek and smile at his red nose which was cold from the September wind.

"It's just that Fred always beats me at everything. Now this is the only thing actually worth fighting for and..."

"Georgie, I'm not sure where ever this date of ours is going to be, but I'm sure it will be amazing. Okay?"

He nods and gives you a side hug, leaning his head on your shoulder.

Well, these next few days are going to be chaotic, aren't they. You think to yourself after George leaves.