- Chapter Seven-

Y'all better buckle up for this one 🤭

The next morning you got up at 6:30 and had a shower, wondering what the boys could have possibly planned for Ron.

You slipped on your Hufflepuff robes on and headed down the stairs. You waved to Cedric Diggory sitting across the room with his friends and you give him a half smile. He then got up from his seat and started toward you.

"Hi, Cedric. How was your night?" You ask him, making sure not to say "how was your sleep" because you knew he went to a party last night. The Ravenclaw seventh years usually had parties on the very first night back at school. You were invited, but you declined.

Cedric was fairly popular at the school, especially with the Hufflepuffs. He was tall and had curly brown hair that swept over his forehead.

"It was pretty good. I went to a party in the Ravenclaw common room last night. Got pretty loud near the end so I decided to leave and get some rest."

"Nice."

He licked his lips and smiled down at you.

"Hey, um- Y/N, do you mind if I walk to breakfast with you?"

"Oh! Cedric I'd love that but I was actually going to skip breakfast this morning and..."

You think if you should tell him about the prank or not. You pull Cedric closer and whisper, "Me and the twins are gonna prank Ron really good. I'm pretty sure our plan includes going to the hall at one point so maybe I'll see you there."

He looked a little upset but was clearly forcing a smile. He turned towards his friends and slipped his hands in his pockets.

"Wait! Cedric! I'm free tomorrow morning if you want to talk at breakfast..."

He nodded and mouthed "great" and headed back to his friends.

You looked at the clock on the wall and noticed you were going to be late to meet the twins.

...

"Jeez, Y/N. We'd be late if you took any longer." Fred said.

Both the twins where leaning up against the wall with their arms crossed.

"Sorry! I was talking with Cedric and it took longer than I wanted to."

The twins roll their eyes identically.

"What?" You ask them.

"Nothing. Just you ditching us to talk to pretty boy Diggory." George sneered at you.

"Oh come on, guys. It was a short conversation now let's walk to the hall. Tell me your plan."

Wow. They seemed quite jealous just then. Maybe they think I like Cedric more than them.

"Okay, so what's the plan." You ask the boys.

"You know that spell that turns whatever you eat to spiders......."

Your jaw drops in shock.

"Okay you guys are horrible. That's so bad! You're taking something he loves, and turning it into his worst fear! You know what?"

"What, Y/L/N?" George says, sounding annoyed.

"I'm out. This is too bad, even for me."