-Chapter Eight-

You had been in the hospital wing for the last five minutes trying to explain the Madam Pomfrey what happened. She could hardly believe Cedric would do this sort of thing, especially since he was such an outstanding student and excelled in all classes.

The nurse tried her best to heal Fred's cuts and bruises but after she was done, he still looked like he gotten a bludger to the face.

You and Ginny never left his side. You were both holding one of his hands and rubbing it. George only left to use the washroom once, but ran back to Fred as soon as he was done.

Ginny started crying once Fred was still out after fifteen minutes.

You wanted to go and beat Cedric up yourself. If you had just agreed to do the stupid prank this wouldn't have happened. Fred wouldn't have hit Ced. Then he wouldn't have hit Fred back. Fred wouldn't be in the state he's in, and you wouldn't be feeling like it was all your fault.

"Um- I think I'm going to go to the washroom and clean my eyes." Ginny announced to the others. She gave a little smile to you and got up to leave.

You heard Ginny sniffle and the doors close to the hospital wing. It was almost one the exact second the doors shut that Fred let out a faint grunt.

"Freddie?" You whisper to him. You tighten the grip on his hand.

His head tossed back and forth on the pillow.
Fred's eyes slowly open and you see a smile form in the corner of his mouth when he sees you.

"Y/N?" He says, squinting from the light.

"Bloody hell, Fred!" George came speed-walking over to where the two of you were. "You gave us quite a scare, mate! We thought you were dead!"

He nods gently and turns his attention to you.

"Y/N, what happened? Why am I here?" He asks.

You exchange worried glances with his twin and begin to tell him.

"You and George had a plan to prank Ron by turning his breakfast to spiders and I didn't want to do it because I thought it was too cruel."

"Of course you did." He smiled. His eyes were still half closed and you thought to yourself that maybe he couldn't help it because of the swelling around his eyes.

You roll your eyes and continue the story.

"So I got mad at you after you tried to talk to me and I said some things I don't think I meant. Cedric you talking to me. Um- I tried to walk away but you grabbed my arm...."

You look down.

"Oh.... Y/N. I'm so sorry if I hurt you in any way. You know I would never do that." Fred said.

You nod and say "I know, Freddie. I know."

"So why am I all beat up like this?"

"You got in a fight with Cedric." You took a deep gulp of saliva and continued. "He thought you were hurting me and he told you to leave me alone. You got so mad at something he said and you punched him and broke his nose."

Fred's eyes went a little wider at your words. He tried to prop himself up on his elbows but you quickly push him back down.

"Did I win? Is he dead?" A nasty smirk grew on his lips.

"No, Freddie. That's not the whole story." You start. "After you hit him, he got back up and tackled you to the ground. He got on top of you and just swung away at your face until you passed out." The vision of Fred going limp at Cedrics grasp made you choke up your words.