-Chapter Nine-

This is going to be a shorter chapter than usual :)
Also OMG THANK YOU FOR 500 READS!!! On my way to 1k! ❤️

Hey, Y/N? We really need to talk about something."

"George? Oh, uh- sure! Here?"

"Um- let's go to my dorm." He replied, hoisting himself up off the chair.

You and George were sitting in the Gryffindor common room talking about today's potions class. It was almost empty except for a few second years studying in the corner.

...

"You can take a seat on my bed." He said, pointing to a four-poster in the far corner of the room. You plop yourself down, leaning back on the pillows near the headboard. George sits at the end of the bed with his legs crossed.

"So what do you want to talk about, Georgie?" You ask him, relaxing yourself as you sunk farther into the stack of pillows.

"What you said to Fred before the fight."

His words were straight forward. He looked up at you.

"I-." You start but aren't able to finish your sentence.

"You said "I know you and George are better than me" and that your not as good as the both of us." He said. "Please tell me you don't feel that way."

"Well, I'm going to be completely honest with you, Georgie..." You sit up and inhale slowly.

"I don't really like myself. I mean the way I look, the way I act. I mean I change myself for everyone and it's exhausting!" You feel warm tears spill from your eyes. They trickle down your cheek and you try and rub them off with your sleeve, but they keep coming.

"Y/N..."

"No, George. You and Freddie are better than me. Everyone likes you two and think you guys are the best. You two are the best and that's why I don't deserve you guys. I don't know why you put up with all the crap I have going on. I mean-."

George's facial expressions change within a second.

"No, Y/N! Me and Fred love you with all our hearts. You mean the absolute world to us and- and we don't deserve you. You're absolutely gorgeous and anyone who can't be that must be fucking blind. You're not annoying. Your amazing. That's why we love you so much!" He grasped your hand and looked you in the eyes.

You both pause and a flash of love fills George's eyes.

You don't know what made you do it, but you lean in and kiss him.

At first you feel him try and recoil but then he quickly leans back into the kiss. Your hand flies to the back of his head to play with his hair. When you do this he smiles. You were quite surprised at how good was was at kissing. His lips were soft and it was the perfect size. They fit with yours perfectly, like two pieces of a missing puzzle. He put a spare strand of hair behind your ear with his hand. His other hand had crept its way to your waist.

After a good solid minute of kissing, you pulled away. He smiled at you while you both caught your breath.

"What was that for, Y/L/N?" He smirked.

"I don't know to be honest."

"Well wait until Freddie hears about this!"

You roll your eyes and get up from the bed.

"I gotta go meet Angie in the library. This was nice though."

He looks taken aback.

"Only nice? Y/N I've been practicing for this moment for months and it's nice?"

"The kiss was great. Amazing even. Best one I've ever had!" You say, sarcastically. "Is that what you want to hear?"

"Well, I mean yeah, but is that really how you felt about the kiss?" He asked you.

"Yes. Yes it is."

You smile and open the door to leave.

"Bye, Y/N."

"Bye, Georgie."

...

"YOU KISSED GEORGE!?" She squeals.

"Woah! Angie! Keep it down please."

Just then Madame Pince came out from behind a bookcase and shushed you both.

"Quite, ladies. Others are trying to study."

"Sorry, Madame Pince."

Once she leaves Angelina starts up the conversation once again.

"Tell me what happened!"

You knew she was just going to keep budging you to tell her so your told her.

"Let's go somewhere else first."

...

The two of you head to your dorm to chat about you and George.

"Okay. So you obviously know about the fight, right?"

"Of course! It's all everyone in our year is talking about!"

"Really?" You say, sounding quite surprised at how two boys fighting over you was all anyone was talking about. This wasn't what you wanted to be known for at Hogwarts.

"Yeah. Anyways tell me more!"

"Okay so I said some bad things to Fred and George overheard us. I talked about how I don't like myself and how I don't deserve them and things like that and you know what he did?He told me how amazing I was and how much he loved me."

Angie let out a little "aww" in a squeaky tone.

"Then I kissed him."

There was a pause.

"Well how was it?!"

"It was..."

You try to think of the words to describe your moment with George. It was great. No, more than great. Magnificent.

"It was was beautiful. Magnificent."

"I'm so proud of you! What do you think Fred is going to think about this, though?"

"Oh.... right."

You bury your face in your palms and let out a sigh. Angelina scoots over to you and rubs your back.

"In the end your going to have to choose one, Y/N." She said, rubbing circles on your shoulder blades.

"I don't know, Angie. That's the thing. I don't want to choose."

"So you want... both?" She asks you.

"No. I just don't want to choose."