The beginning of the end

"You're pretty when you're mad." He chuckled at her comment as he watched her get dressed.
"You're always pretty." She rolled her eyes doing up her shirt.
"You took a while to get here last night."
"I was on a walk with Lottie." He said in a dismissive manor. She paused for a moment.
"Nick." He looked up with raised eyebrow.
"Brina." He matched her tone as she picked up her skirt fiddling with the material and she got deep in thought.
"You erm? You are done with your feelings for her right?" He sat up and nodded. Granted he didn't look happy. but, he nodded.
"She's done with me brina. All I wanted was for her to want me. She's made it clear she never did. Or at least she did last night." He slumped back down against the pillows and Sabrina slipped on her skirt.
"So you decided to come and spend the night with me?" He looked over at her again realising how bad it looked.
"Brina... there's bigger things to be worried about right now... like what happened to Sabrina Morningstar. You need to tell your dad." She knew he was just trying to get out of the subject, but she sat down with a huff.
"I'm banned from hell I can't." There was a whoosh and Charlotte stood in a black dress with a smile.
"But I'm not" she smiled "anyway, whatever you're thinking of stealing from hell can wait. Nicky we need to go." He huffed getting up and grabbing his shirt.
"Erm go where?" Sabrina stood up.
"To hell" Charlotte smiled at her sister as she panicked and frowned. "Oh no Brina! Don't worry! I just need dear old dad to undo mine and Nicky's binding then you're free to have him!" Sabrina grew uneasy at how great Charlotte was taking the whole thing as nick walked over to her.
"Oh you'll be back for the birthday party later?" Both nick and Charlotte said yes and Charlotte paused. She looked down at her feet with a teary smile.
"You meant nick..." Sabrina looked at her sister with wide eyes.
"No char... I meant you..." Charlotte looked up with a smile, she felt hopeful at her sister and her reconciling for a moment and nodded.
"6 o'clock right?" Sabrina nodded as the two disappeared in a ball of fire.

The two entered hell already set up was a chair, a table and a dagger as lucifer stood waiting for them.
"I take it you're both ready?" Charlotte nodded taking her place laying on the table while nick came to stand over her. he looked at her tucking some hair behind her ear letting his palm rest on her cheek.
"I'm sorry we couldn't fix us lottie." She nuzzled into his had before exhaling.
"You love my sister Nicky... there's nothing to fix..." she took her hand and placed on her stomach exactly where the wound he had bound them by that day.
"When this is done your wounds will be open again. Charlotte we have the spell that will heal you but this will hurt." Lucifer warned as he picked up the dagger. Nick looked at the girl who seemed to not be paying attention and he followed her eyesight, there, in the corner stood caliban. The two looking at each other, his face lit with concern and worry, hers with contentment. She nodded at her fathers words and smiled.
"I'll be okay." Lucifer gave a nod and held the dagger slipping it between nicks hand and her stomach.
"In the name of all that is hell bound. As I Satan decree it, it shall be undone" he guided the knife from nicks palm to his fingertips slowly as Charlotte closed her eyes gripping the side of the table in pain. Nick could feel the burning sensation of the ceremony and the warmth being torn out from his body as lucifer continued. "I here by release these two from their bindings to each other. Let." He grunted as Charlotte arched her back letting out a gasp. "Them." Another as the blood began to pool from her stomach. "Be." With the last inch nick felt as though he might die himself the pain made him shout out as lucifer pulled the blade from them. "Free!" Nick pulled his hand away falling into the floor as he did. Caliban shot to her aid as lucifer recited the spell that healed the wound. From where nick sat on the floor the blood dripped off the table as the breathless girl sat up looking down at her bloody dress.
"Are you alright, Lottie?" She looked at him as though she may cry...
"Yeah Nicky... let's go home yeah?" She looked at caliban who helped her down from the table saying a quite thank you which made him question her.
"Are you certain you are okay?" He held her arm in a loving way and she nodded walking over to lucifer.
"Thank you father." He gave a nod knowing the hardship she felt. He embraced her placing a kiss on the top of her head.
"Go forth my daughter. Rest." She nodded refusing to meet any of their eyes. Finally nick stood up and she reached out for his hand taking it in hers. In a moment of heat they were in the academy.
"Charlotte! What in the world!" Ambrose roared seeing his cousin covered in blood as well as nicks hands. She let go of nick and kept her eyes to the floor.
"We're okay Ambrose. It was just a spell." She walked off and nick chased her.
"Lottie! Lottie! Hey." He caught her and placed his hands on her shoulders. "What's going on?" She looked at him with tears threatening to spill at any moment.
"I'm okay Nick really." Her voice cracked as she spoke a rouge year falling from her eye as she did. "It just hurt and I'm really tired. Please nick just go to Sabrina or something." She tried to walk away but he stopped her.
"Why Lottie? What's wrong? Won't you talk to me?"
"No nick-"
"Please lot-"
"STOP CALLING ME THAT!" She screamed and nick stopped a moment looking at her, the two final making eye contact. "When you call me that I want to fall in love with you and I want to kiss you! And I can't do that ever again! So stop nick! You belong to her now! Not me! And you never will! Never again! So go nick! And I hope she loves you better than I ever could! And I hope she is everything you ever wanted because I wasn't enough!" The two stayed there for a moment tears falling from both of their eyes and then nick grabbed her. In a matter of seconds he was kissing her sweetly and she didn't stop him. Their tears mixing with the passion leaving a bitter taste in both their mouths. She finally pushed him away choking on a sob. "Goodbye nick."
"Lot-"
"Please. Don't make this harder than it has to be." She turned her back on him walking down the halls to her room and out of his sit.
"Goodbye... my little Lottie"