The darkness

The students gathered in the hall listening to Zelda talk about the choosing of the maiden and Charlotte looked over at her sister then back at nick and prudence with a smile. When prudence was chosen the three laughed as Sabrinas face twisted and nick nudged Charlotte.
"Shall we...." she looked over at prudence.
"Wanna?" Nick pulled the two girls out of the room as they laughed getting to Charlotte's bedroom.
"Oh god Charlotte the look on her face." Prudence laughed sitting down.
"Do you think she thinks we're..." nick hinted and Charlotte's eyes widened as she sat next to prudence.
"Don't nick. You know her mind tends to wonder." He smiled raising an eyebrow coming to stand in front of the two.
"I know I know. It's just funny sometimes. I know she's your sister but... come on lottie... she is spoilt at times." She thought about it for a moment before prudence got awfully close.
"Not like you though Charlotte... you're not like her..."

Charlotte and prudence stayed in Charlotte's room talking away when Charlotte stopped and her eyes widened.
"I'll be back." She opened her eyes and was sat on Sabrina's bed. "So Nicky. What's going on." He turned around nearly jumping to death.
"Lottie I erm..." Sabrina and Ambrose shot up as prudence arrived and the lights flickered.
"Well that doesn't feel good..."

They stood discussing the plan when Ambrose opened his mouth
"We need someone to venture into the mines and face the darkness"
"I'll do it"
"I'll do it" both Sabrina and Charlotte spoke at the same time and the group looked at the two and Sabrina just looked at her.
"No. You're not taking this from me too." She walked out and Charlotte tightened her jaw.
"Well then I guess I'll go home then." Prudence grabbed her and smiled
"Come with me" she glanced at nick who shrugged
"Where ever you want to go lottie." She nodded and smiled.
"Well alright then."

Charlotte was stood in the woods listening to everything. She pulled the red yarn in her hands thinking and hearing everything.
"We need help." She opened her eyes and took off running as fast as she could.

Nick stood chanting to the tent when suddenly he couldn't breathe. None of them could. He panicked for a moment before the feeling passed. He turned around to see Charlotte stood a black mass coming from her finger tip to trap the ghostly miner from doing any harm.
"Please tell me you have this from here I'm needed." He gave a brief nod and the girl disappeared. She appeared next to Ambrose with a smile. "She messed it up already?" He looked at her and huffed.
"Cousin. Whatever your are thinking. Don't." She raised and eyebrow running into the darkness before he could protest. She came to a stop in front of the two sabrinas and but her lip.
You're not needed.
She turned around on her heels looking into the abyss.
No one needs you. Or wants you.
"Why are you here Charlotte" Sabrina spoke but the girl didn't listen. She gulped and fell to her knees.
They want you dead. They all do.
She looked down feeling sick and began to whisper under her breath. The sabrinas stopped and looked over at her as the bulb began to glow bright.
"That's not me..."
"Me neither... Charlotte" the girl looked up and began to shout the chant and then rose to her feet.
"I'm sorry Sabrina. Guess I couldn't stay away." She walked out and the girls looked at the bulb full of the black liquid.
"She did it..."

The two crashed into the academy screaming at eachother as Charlotte walked.
"You had to take it from me didn't you?! That was my victory!" Charlotte rolled her eyes and turned around.
"You were incapable Sabrina! You would've gotten us all killed!" Everyone was gathered watching the two fight as the aunts walked in.
"No! I had it under control! You take everything from me as always!" Charlotte scoffed not realising the anger radiating from her that was felt by everyone in the room.
"Oh do I? Remind me Sabrina! Who was born into a loving family while I was cast out?! Who was wanted by our family?! Who had to help you take your place in the church?! Who was cursed by our father?! Who grew up in the halls without our family! And who was it that was used by lucifer! I do believe it wasn't you! Grow up Sabrina!"
"Girls that's enough!" Zelda shouted but Sabrina decided to take it a step further and continue to shout.
"Don't blame me because OUR father wanted the better child! Instead of the cursed one! It's so easy for you Charlotte! Adored by everyone! You have men and women falling at your feet! No wonder you're such a-" Charlotte was in her face in a flash with her eyes narrowed.
"Say it sister. Go on. Say it." Sabrina bit her tongue for a moment and narrowed her eyes.
"You're not even worth it." She spat at her sister. "I don't know why Nick wastes his time. And caliban. I don't know why anyone would want you... you're not worth a damned thing." There was a hand on her shoulder as she tightened her jaw.
"Come on lottie leave it alone..." she stepped back as Sabrina smiled thinking she had won for a moment.
"You know what Sabrina... next time you need saving don't come to me. I hope you rot..." she walked away with nick holding her hand tightly.
"Oh yeah?! Go on! Run away and the next time one of your boyfriends wants to kill you don't come to me!" Nick turned to look at her still holding Charlotte's hand and he scoffed.
"Don't sound so jealous Sabrina. Why don't you go run to the mortals?" The two walked out of the room together and Sabrina stood with everyone's eyes on her.
"Honestly Sabrina. Can you not cause trouble for one day." Zelda shook her head walking away to her office with a sign." The rest of the students walked away leaving Sabrina alone.