𝓔𝓹𝓲𝓼𝓸𝓭𝓮 16: 𝓜𝔂 𝓦𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓦𝓮𝓭𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰

April 18, 1970

After a two year courtship, Vittorio and I were finally about to wed. In that time, we had won over not just our hands, but our hearts. We were ready to take the world by storm. I have waited for this day for over a year at least.

"Your majesty, are you ready?" A guard asked me.

Before I could reply someone interjected from behind.

"Without me, you can't be serious!?" He wheezed before coughing.

A grin crept onto my face as I turned.

"Conroy, I thought you were too ill to attend?" I asked.

The man was in remission but was seventy-three and frail and was usually too sick to perform his duties.

"And miss out on my sovereign's wedding? Please!" He said.

The other guard greeted him customarily before another one looked at me.

"We arranged for Benjamin to present you to the minister tonight your majesty," He said.

"I'm honored for you to have this position Conroy," I said.

"Quite the contrast, your majesty, It is I who is honored," He replied, "Now I ask, are you ready your majesty?"

"Absolutely,"

The doors swung open revealing a massive congregation of noblemen, women and children. World leaders and businessmen. Two people were missing that I wished were there. My brother and Father. I pushed away these depressions as I saw Vittorio in a tan suit, with his curly hair somehow combed straight. Music began to play, a smooth orchestral flowing gently throughout the palace. A pastor waited with a smile on his face. After all, marrying the American sovereign would be a huge opportunity. I reach the altar, Conroy steps aside and I stand in front of Vittorio, the smiles on eachothers face too big to measure.

"Dearly beloved, we meet here today to witness a sacred ceremony: the union of Vittorio and Josephine. With great reverence, we come together to celebrate the love and devotion shared by these two children of God that stand before us. We are especially blessed to be joined today by family and friends. The Groom and Bride are honored you could be here to participate in this important occasion. As the Bible reminds us in Corinthians, "If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing." Over the course of their relationship, Vittorio and Josephine have developed a strong bond based on shared values and mutual respect. With a solid foundation from which to grow, they have made the decision to take the oath of marriage and spend the rest of their lives together. Let us revel in the joy and love on display here today. May we treasure these memories as Vittorio and Josephine, under the eyes of God, get set to begin their new life together"

"Who gives this bride today?" He asked.

Conroy stood up proudly.

"I do,"

"If anyone has cause to object to the forming of this union, speak now or forever hold your peace," He said.

Vittorio and I glanced out over the congregation, nobody objected which I would probably die inside if someone did.

"Marriage is a venerated institution, and one deserving of deep reverence. Today we observe the union of Vittorio and Josephine in holy matrimony, a commitment they have chosen to undertake with all the sincerity that it warrants.

While marriage is a sacred and serious tradition, it is also cause for tremendous joy. Married life is full of surprises, adventures, and memory-making – all made possible by the enduring power of love. When Vittorio and Josephine finalize this union, they will begin a new life of partnership, one defined by shared hopes, dreams, and successes. Vittorio and Josephine, as you learn to live as one; you will encounter many challenges that can help you grow. Spend time doing the things that make life precious – cooperate with each other, always make time to laugh together, and never lose appreciation for the love that you share. Remember, too, to adhere to the vows that you will make today. Seek strength from each other, give hope to each other, and let your trials help you grow together. They say love can build bridges and climb mountains — and they're right. You will find that as it grows and matures over time, your love for one another will prove both fulfilling and empowering. Yes, there will be challenges in life, but the strength of your bond will offer you protection against life's storms. Always make your relationship a priority, and continue to nurture each other. Through a commitment to love, and with the power of faith, together you will be able to navigate any obstacles that come your way,"

"Under the eyes of God, I solemnly bear witness to these matrimonial proceedings. I will now finalize the sacred covenant you shall both enter into on this day.

The rite of marriage is an ancient institution, an important ritual that binds two people together for the rest of their days. Today, as you form this union, you're choosing to take a vow that is as sacred today as it was to your ancestors. The Bible makes note of the power of partnership in Ecclesiastes. It reminds us that "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up. Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone?"

"Vittorio and Josephine, I invite you to express your sacred vows to one another. Please face each other as you declare these vows before God and in the presence of your family and friends. Vittorio, you may start,"

Vittorio cleared his throat.

" I, Vittorio, take you, Josephine, to be my lawfully wedded Wife. I promise to keep you by my side through good times and bad, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health. I vow to stay true to you, honor you, and love you for the rest of my days, until death do us part,"

"Your majesty, your turn,"

"I, Josephine, take you, Vittorio, to be my lawfully wedded Husband. I promise to keep you by my side through good times and bad, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health. I vow to stay true to you, honor you, and love you for the rest of my days, until death do us part,"

"Vittorio and Josephine, please join hands. Under the eyes of God, Vittorio, do you take Josephine to be your lawfully wedded Wife? Do you promise to support her completely and love her unconditionally, so long as you both shall live?"

"I do."

"Under the eyes of God, Josephine, do you take Vittorio to be your lawfully wedded Husband? Do you promise to support him completely and love him unconditionally, so long as you both shall live?"

"I do."

"Very well, let us proceed." He said.

Konrad, my nephew came up with a pillow with the rings.

"It is now time to exchange the rings. The circle formed by each ring is a symbol of your love and eternal commitment to each other. May these rings remind you always of these sacred promises you've made to each other today in the company of your family and friends. Vittorio, you will go first. Please repeat after me as you place the ring on the hand of your loved one."

"I, Vittorio, give you, Josephine, this ring as a symbol of my love, commitment, and the eternal vows we have made today to each other. With this ring, I wed." He replied.

"Josephine, your turn."

"I, Josephine, give you, Vittorio, this ring as a symbol of my love, commitment, and the eternal vows we have made today to each other. With this ring, I wed." I said.

We slid the rings on each other's fingers. They were pretty basic and shimmered gold.

"By the power vested in me, by the state of New York and by the Universal Life Church, I pronounce you, Vittorio and Josephine as Husband and Wife, lawfully wedded before God. Vittorio, you may now kiss the Bride,"

Vittorio leaned in and tenderly kissed me for the first time. It was filled with love and promise. Now a new era was beginning, soon my throne would be secure.