𝓔𝓹𝓲𝓼𝓸𝓭𝓮 74: 𝓡𝓸𝔂𝓪𝓵𝓽𝔂 𝓘𝓷 𝓙𝓾𝓷𝓲𝓸𝓻 𝓗𝓲𝓰𝓱

September 3, 1981

New York, First American Empire

Victoria's POV

Okay. Here we go. Deep breaths Victoria. You're only starting middle school for the first time ever. Nothing to be freaking out about. You've been the new girl before, this isn't like you! I walked forward, with my backpack around my shoulders. This was a major New York public school that I was attending and I was very worried about fitting in. I had succeeded in garnering some of my friends from grammar school but I doubted any of them would be in any of my classes-

"Hey Victoria!" A familiar voice called out.

I smiled and turned to face Melissa 'Missy' Thomas. She was one of my best friends since I started public school earlier this year.

"Missy!"

We hugged briefly.

"How was your summer?" I asked her.

"Pretty great!" She began.

She will likely ask me, so I need to come up with a little white lie. I can't just say I attended royal balls, met an Indian princess and helped raise my two half-siblings. Who are also royalty and heirs to the American throne. My mother has not decided which one will succeed her as they just turned one recently.

"I went to California with my parents for most of July to visit my grandparents and we just slouched our way through the heatwave in August,"

Oh yeah, that was brutal. Mom actually ordered that air conditioning be installed across the palace, as the marble was searing hot. August went from brutal to heavenly!

"What about you Victoria?"

"Well, my mom was pretty busy all summer, she didn't tell me a whole lot though her job kept us in one place until early August when we went to our cabin in Vermont where it was much cooler!"

"That's cool! Oh, before I forget do you want to compare schedules?"

"Of course I do!" I replied eagerly and pulled my schedule out of my skirt pocket.

Missy did the same and we lined them up.

"No way! We have homeroom, first-period history, lunch, and fifth-period arithmetic!"

"Oh my god, I was so worried about not knowing anybody!"

Missy nodded in agreement and we set off to homeroom together.

----------------------------------------------

Our history teacher chalked his name upon the blackboard. Mr. Marquette.

"Good morning class! My name is Mr. Marquette and I will be your American history teacher for this year. Today will merely be an introduction day as I will get to know you, and you me, and your curriculum!"

Mr. Marquette pulled out a massive book.

"If you look under your desk you will find a book similar to this, for the fall semester we will be studying the span of time of the Illustrious Revolution, in which our great nation forged its independence from the British to the death of John Charles the Fourth in 1891,"

Ooh, fascinating! I love American history and love learning more about it!

"During this time we will not only learn about the Revolutionary times but America's transition from a feeble republic to a strong empire, the impact of slavery and imperial expansion,"

Mr. Marquette paused before continuing.

"The spring semester will see us continue our trek through history by exploring the Charlottian Era, the reign of Empress Leah, and the early reign of Empress Josephine. This will include the Great War, Roaring 20s and 30s, the Tragic 50s and 60s, the Canadian Revolution of the 70s and how individual liberties and politics have molded over the years,"