𝓔𝓹𝓲𝓼𝓸𝓭𝓮 17: 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓮𝓬𝓽 𝓝𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽-𝓞𝓱 𝓞𝓯 𝓒𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼𝓮 𝓘𝓽 𝓦𝓮𝓷𝓽 𝓦𝓻𝓸𝓷𝓰!

April 18, 1970

After the wedding, Vittorio and I traveled to the reception. I had changed out of my wedding dress into my standard form of dress, a floral dress. Vittorio remained in his khaki suit.

"Josephine, you look beautiful," Vittorio complimented me as we arrived at the palace

I tucked a strand of hair away as I blushed. No matter what, he knew how to tickle my ego.

"Stop, you're flattering me," I replied calmly, but he knew he had flushed up my pride.

The car rolled to a stop and a guard opened the door.

"Your majesty... Prince Vittorio," He addressed.

I stepped out of the car and Vittorio followed suit. The guard waved off the car which pulled away into the night.

"Follow me," He said flatly.

Guards were supposed to remain unemotional and stale to uphold a strict, disciplined attitude. And it worked, they tended to scare the living hell out of me sometimes. I could have them hung for that, but I'm a good person. My mother would be the person to execute a person for glancing the wrong way at her.

We entered the palace and immediately found ourselves mobbed by our guests.

"The Empress and the Prince have arrived!" Several voices shouted amongst the clapping and uproar.

The guards kept them all at arms length and we led the guests to the throne room where bottles of champagne, wine, scotch were lined up with some of the most delicious delicacies. Vittorio gripped my shoulder tenderly as he reached out for a bottle of champagne. I took two glasses from a stack of them and held them up. Each of the people in the room, picked up a glass of champagne from their respective tables.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen I can speak for Vittorio and I when I say we are ever so grateful that every single one of you chose to spend this special day with us," I stated.

Vittorio popped the cork off the bottle and topped off both our glasses.

"TO JOSEPHINE AND VITTORIO!" They chanted in unison.

We all downed our glasses of champagne and cheered.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What happens when a Roman walks into a bar?" Vittorio asked me as he sipped on his glass of wine.

He was a bit tipsy, but still decent in behavior. 

"What?" I smirked.

He was telling me a joke, I know it.

"He holds up two fingers and says, 'five beers please!'" He said.