𝓔𝓹𝓲𝓼𝓸𝓭𝓮 25: 𝓒𝓸𝓷𝓯𝓻𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓒𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓮

August 08, 1971, 

Chengdu, Chinese Worker's Republic

"Quánbù kāi wǎng chéngdū!" The conductor shouted out.

A sharp whistle blew loudly into the misty air as the train shuttered to a stop. I couldn't help but stare out at the mountainous countryside, the mighty Xifang River, which cut through the metropolitan center. It definitely looks like the Chinese value their capital city. They don't have many lands to build such massive cities on, as the Japanese control most of Eastern China. The guards, along with Conroy, who believed it or not, was still in remission, and several other noblemen who had requested to accompany me on this trip all stood up.

"Xiànzài zhǔchí, měiguó yuē sè fēn nǚhuáng!" The conductor shouted again.

I looked at one of the noblemen, Lord Halley, who was fluent in Chinese. He was my acting translator while we were in China, as it was doubtful that anyone here would speak English. Which wasn't a problem, except Mandarin was not one of the languages I had learned over my youth.

"They are just announcing your arrival majesty," Halley said and I nodded.

I stood up and fidgeted my bonnet, which other nobles, traditionalist or not demanded I wear. They said I needed to look 'regal' and 'mystical' in the eyes of the Chinese people.

Who we had a... rough relationship with. For obvious reasons.

The guards led the nobles, who are listed as Lord Halley, Lord Trondheim, Lord Corbon and Duchess Alexandra of Pennsylvania. Then I followed the second duo of guards in quite the procession. We filed out of the train car to be faced by hundreds of Chinese, their eyes boring at us judgingly.

Off to a great start, Josephine. But it can only get better from here.

"Y-yo-your majesty!" I heard a man stammer.

But it wasn't in shock, but rather trouble. The procession opened the way to Premier Li Qiang Zhang of China. He was dressed rather western-like... unlike the other Chinamen. 

The other mongoloids were dressed like filthy peasants... so uncultured and unsophisticated. 

"Premier, it is good to meet you finally," I said and nodded.

He bowed his head.

"Likewise your majesty," He replied, in rather broken English, "You will have to forgive me majesty, my English is poor,"

I held up my hand, covered by a silk white glove.

"No matter Premier, I have a translator if you wish to speak your native tongue," I said, trying to play nice.

"Nonsense! You are our guest, I will speak your language, no matter how bad it is,"

Okay, so I lost that one.

"Let us travel to my estate, where we may discuss the matters of your visit, as I can only assume being the first American monarch to visit China in over one hundred years is not merely for pleasure," Li Qiang stated.

"That is not an understated belief premier,"

He nodded and a black limousine pulled up. Chinese soldiers, armed with submachine guns stepped forward and opened the doors for us. A subtle show of force... got it. He thinks that deeming our guards useless by having communist soldiers do their jobs will get me to concede quicker. Well, he is dead wrong. The Premier got in across from us and made a hand motion to the driver. The luxurious car, filled with pillows, candles, and had a scent like rare herbs. These Chinese really do love living in luxury.