𝓔𝓹𝓲𝓼𝓸𝓭𝓮 86: 𝓕𝓲𝓷𝓪𝓵 𝓙𝓾𝓷𝓲𝓸𝓻 𝓗𝓲𝓰𝓱 𝓟𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷

June 02, 1984

Victoria's POV

School was coming to a close. In three weeks Ali and I would be married and I wouldn't just be a princess, but the Queen of Persia, and even the Persian vassal of Samarkand. I was excited, but also terrified. What if the Persian people didn't accept me? What if they hated me? I guess there will always be people who hate their leader... How has mom done this for almost twenty years? Lord.

But for today, and for now, I just had to focus on our last project for middle school. It wasn't anything that had to do with education, it was about how our parents have influenced us and our lives and to thank them for their guidance. I definitely had a lot to say about my mom, that's for sure! Our parents were supposed to be here for our presentation, as the whole point was to show them how thankful we are for them.

I planned to reveal to my classmates that I was a royal, and about my marriage to Ali.

Everyone's parents had shown up... except mine. I was starting to freak out a little, as my turn was coming up... but according to my homeroom teacher those whose parents were unable to show didn't have to present.

I know she's busy, but she promised! She did! She told me she didn't care what she had to do... she would be here for me...

Come on mom...

"Fantastic job Miss Thomas!" Mrs. Lancaster, our homeroom teacher.

Missy beamed as her dad, the one who had accompanied her to hear her presentation hugged her as they returned back to the crowd.

"Alright! Next up is... Mister Lewis!"

Martin Lewis carefully stood up, with his mother's eyes bearing down on him. He walked up to the front of the room, paper in hand as he cleared his throat. For someone who sleeps through all of his classes he seemed awfully prepared for this presentation.

"This is my presentation about my mother, who has worked tirelessly hard to raise me right..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"Good job Mr. Lewis!"

Martin nodded casually and his mother clapped the loudest above the rest of us. He returned to his seat and his mom gave him a quick hug.

"Okay, Miss Newman, has your mother arrived?"

"Uhh... no..."

Come on mom! I'm starting to lose hope...

"That's fine, we still Will McConnell before you! Will?"

"Yeah I'll present now..." He whispered.

He had never broken out of his shy phase. In fact, he had gotten the crap bullied out of him last year before I intervened and put a stop to it. He had become a close friend of mine and Missy's but not like best friends.

Will walked up to the front of the room and began reading his paper.

All I could think about was: Where is my mom?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And that is why my parents are the best and have raised me to be the best person I can be and will continue to do that throughout my life. So thank you mom and dad,"

Will concluded his speech and neatly folded it up as the room applauded for a few seconds. Will returned to his seat and Mrs. Lancaster looked at me.

"Ms. Newman?-"