𝓔𝓹𝓲𝓼𝓸𝓭𝓮 83: 𝓓𝓲𝓷𝓷𝓮𝓻 𝓦𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓜𝔂 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓬 𝓕𝓪𝓶𝓲𝓵𝔂

September 15, 1983

Victoria's POV

I can't believe mom insisted on this.

She wants me to invite Missy over... for dinner. I feel like she's lost her mind. But more than that, I would be revealing to Missy who I really am... and I wasn't sure how she'd take that. You know, me lying about being a literal princess for almost four years? I don't want to lose my best friend... but mom was insistent.

I paced outside of my locker before our final period began. Missy was in this class with me, one of the only ones we had been lucky enough to be placed together in, besides homeroom. I had asked Missy to meet up with me before last period as there was something important to ask her.

What if she hates me?

What if she rejects me?

What if she doesn't want to be my friend anymore?

"Hey Victoria!" Missy called out as walked up to me, balancing books and folders in her hands, "What's up? What did you need to ask me?"

I looked up at my friend and smiled, "Hey Missy,"

"Hurry up we don't want to be late for Mrs. Jimwick's class,"

"Yeah I know I'll be quick... Missy... do you... want to come over to my place... for dinner?"

"Like with your family?"

"Yeah!"

"Oh... sure why not! I've always wanted to meet your fam!"

"Cool, thanks Missy!"

"No problem, now let's go! I don't want to get beat for being late again!"

I giggled as we joined the mob of our peers going through the halls to our last class of the day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Missy and I approached the palace, or rather the shell of a house I used as a ploy. I don't even think I've been in that house, I always just walk by it to get to the palace.

"I still don't think I fully believe that you live right next to the palace!" Missy said agape as she stared up at the massive buildings.

Then you're not going to believe what's about to happen. I entered the code that led to this fake house and opened the gate.

"This is a cute house..." Missy looked around at the fake garden as the gate closed behind us.

"Yeah... uh Missy?"

"Yeah?"

She turned to face me.

"I need to tell you the truth... I don't live here,"

She scrunched her eyebrows together, showing that she was confused.

"Oh great, are you a serial killer? Are you gonna murder me and bury me here?" She joked with a bright smile.

"Missy I'm being serious, look in that house,"

She turned and jogged up to the window and peered in.

"It's... empty..."

"Yeah... it is..."

"Then where do you live?" She asked as she walked back towards me.

I sighed and pointed to the palace, "There, I live there,"

"In the palace? Really-"

"Missy!"