𝓔𝓹𝓲𝓼𝓸𝓭𝓮 81: 𝓜𝔂 𝓛𝓲𝓽𝓽𝓵𝓮 𝓣𝓮𝓮𝓷𝓪𝓰𝓮𝓻

March 11, 1983

New York, First American Empire

I sat on Victoria's bed as she finished getting ready for her party. She was thirteen today. Oh my, it's so hard to believe! The once bumbling stuttering little girl was now a... teenager. A catch to the eye as well. It's no wonder why that bloody Persian is so hooked on her. Her stutter was gone, and her true, rich, bountiful voice now danced throughout the palace.

I had no regrets about taking her in. Never once. There may have been some challenges along the way, but it was worth it.

"How do I look, mom?" Victoria asked as stepped out of her bathroom.

I looked up from Lily, my new, beautiful baby girl, who was swaddled in my arms. 

Victoria was dressed in a silky purple dress that fell to her ankles. She also had a white sash along her chest. To complement her outfit, her brown hair was braided regally and was intertwined with small white roses.

"Victoria my dear you look beautiful!" I gasped, silently fawning over her.

For someone who insisted on wearing jeans and a sweatshirt to school on most days, I was frankly surprised she chose to do this. Then again, now that I know how magical wearing such clothes are, I can't blame her.

"I can bet you that there will be many princes who won't be able to shake their gazes!"

Her smile dropped, "There's only one prince I want the attention of..."

My smile fell as well. She's talking about the Persian, isn't she? Oh, bloody Nora.

"Victoria..."

"Mom, why don't you like Ali?"

"Why do I not like the Persian? My dear, I just do not fully trust him..."

"Oh... well maybe you should talk to him... he's actually really amazing when you get to know him!"

"Mm, I bet he is,"

Victoria began walking to the door, "Well I don't want to be late for my own party!"

"I will be down soon my dear, I just need to put Lily down to rest," 

Victoria nodded and departed. We split off and I held my baby close to my chest, the warmth of her blanket and her quiet snoozing relaxing me. Lily had been born on February 14, just under a month ago. She was a bit smaller than average, but still healthy. She was already growing into a mixture of Mattéo's light brown and my dark brown hair. She possessed Mattéo's eyes too, and I already knew she would grow up to be very beautiful. 

I entered the nursery and walked Lily over to her crib, where I gently laid her down and pulled the soft, fuzzy blanket up over her tiny body. 

"Goodnight my beautiful Lily..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Within an hour, Victoria's party was in full swing. She was loving it, the foods she picked out was delectable. Of course, she was kind enough to provide drinks for the adults which I was thankful for.

As we ate dinner, as a family, Victoria's guests conversed with each other while individually congratulating her on the important milestone.

Junior and Hamilton were trying to be as neat as two-year-olds could be, though they were struggling. But at least they were trying, which was good to see.

"Happy birthday your highness," Sato bowed and kissed her hand.

"Thank you Imperial highness," Victoria replied courteously.