She Is Power

https://youtu.be/ojbsyz5h_0c

The link for Jackie's variation

----

November 9, 2004

Jaclyn sunk into a deep plié, stretching out her hip flexors, staring at the aging screen of her computer. Their were pictures of William with different girls placed neatly into sections of the article. The thing was years ago she would have panicked and fought a raging fever of jealousy, but now she was a mere week from her twenty second birthday and all she could do was laugh.

The publishers and writers, like she had suspected, had moved on completely from her and now failed to even mention her by name. The article itself was sewn together and held up by lies, but that was the humourous part. William had his fair share of girlfriends that first year and a half apart, but starting his final year of University he had calmed down.

"I guess I needed to grow up too," he had told her one night over the phone.

Easing up from her stretch Jaclyn sat down, spinning around once, and focusing back on the screen. Her hand scrolled to the comments without much thought. William had told her about the article saying it was terribly humourous, but he must not have looked any farther than the last sentence.

DebbieCxllins: Anyone is better than that good for nothing American. She didn't even love him just wanted to have her two seconds of fame. Anyone notice that she basically fell off the earth and no one cares about her anymore? Disgusting.

SarahAR: At least most of them are ladies of respectable blood lines.

CammieMay: @DebbieCxllins Actually, Jaclyn is highly respected in the dance world, and making a name for herself. Unlike you. You're attitude's disgusting.

MariLuna: That pale blonde slut was so middle class. Will deserves someone who isn't common, and dresses like she has no income. It was like she was trying to be cute, but never got past homely.

User246: @CammieMay that's perfectly fine, but it doesn't change the fact that she's not meant for Prince William. His wife will be queen one day, and Jaclyn could never imagine doing the job justice.

Forcefully, Jaclyn slammed her computer shut, making Alice yelp in concern from the bathroom, but Jaclyn couldn't respond. There were hundreds of comments over half of them tearing her to pieces.

Years, ago she would have sobbed as if the world were ending.

And, while it didn't force laughter from her like the article itself did she hardly reacted at all. Was their anything false in their accusations? She was American and not from the right family alone. Not to mention her career path, and inability to ever do anything right while she was in London. If she were... God she couldn't even think it, it was so bizarre.

She would fail.

She would fail miserably.

Surprisingly, that didn't bother her like it should have, perhaps, it was because she could understand what they were all saying.

Deep within though it angered her that people still thought such things, that they published such things. To feel nothing would be inhuman. She was allowed to feel anger and sadness, but it was how she would react that would be the real testament.

In strong movements Jaclyn picked up her bag and headed to the bathroom to help Alice with her hair because that was what was most likely keeping her.

"Everything alright?" Alice asked in her heavily accented English that she had picked up over the years.