The Prophesied Fall

October 20, 2000

"Soften the arm just slightly Jaclyn," Monsieur Michael called out and Jaclyn eased the tension from her arms, but only felt it go to her face. Thomas had her above his head in fish, and they had only been holding it for a sold thirty-two counts at this point.

"Oh chefs kiss you too- ah! Don't stumble you two," he laughed as Thomas arms trembled briefly. "Alright now descend." The two dancers exhaled together as Thomas's arms started to bring her down, and Jaclyn's leg straightened extending to the floor.

Their instructor slid across the floor fists resting under his chin as he laid out an inch from where she was going to land. "Now kiss the floor with the top of your box Jaclyn as you end in arabesque... yes, yes, oh flawless you two!"

Thomas's one hand switched from her upper thigh to her hand as she closed in fifth, both of them knowing very well you performed out every single moment for Monsieur Michael.

With a wave of his hand they were allowed to step back with the rest of their classmates. Jaclyn adjusted the white flopping tutu and Thomas squeezed her still perfectly cemented bun, a tradition they practiced each time they got a compliment in partnering class.

"Class did we notice how they were able to read each other without saying anything? When Thomas gave out slightly in his arms Jaclyn squeezed her core tighter finding ways to make it easier on him. When she swayed back he adjusted his placement to counter her. This is what I want all you to think about over the weekend so by Monday we can all look like that, thank you."

As all the other dancers left after saying their thank you's Jaclyn and Thomas moved up cheesy smiles already plastered on their faces.

Running a hand through his jet black and heavily gelled hair Michael looked back at them with amusement. "Can I help you two?"

"Well we were hoping we could sit in on the Sugar Plum Fairy rehearsal tomorrow morning?" Thomas asked putting his manners above his excitement. Sure their rehearsals were fun, but sitting in on an actual company only rehearsal was like no other. The dynamics were completely different, and it was honestly their best chance to learn.

"We don't want to intrude though," Jaclyn quickly interjected. They had been sitting in since their first year when Monsieur had invited them to observe after their first class, but it was always important to ask for moods changed.

His smile said they would be doing anything but, and he could never deny students, who he knew would be respectful, the chance to learn. "Of course you can, only you two would want to attend an early morning rehearsal for fun."

"How could we not?" Thomas gushed, "Penelope Diaanti is a dream." His eyes gazed upwards as if imagining her dance in his head, and Jaclyn stepped forward curtsying to their instructor again while her friend was in a trance. "Thank you so much, Monsieur Michael."

As she pulled both of them back to their bags that sat in the corner Monsieur headed for the studio stopping briefly to call out, "don't forget your notebooks!"

Beaming brightly Jaclyn tied her baby blue sweater over her spaghetti strap leo, and hopped around in her leggings until they sat properly on her hips. Thomas took an extra second to fix his hair, one person would be waiting outside for a picture surely, before they linked arms skipping out the motions of their feet resembling more pas de chevels than skips.

The small and goofy dance though was derailed by Emma waiting for them before the door hands on her hips.

"Oh, just flawless you two," she gushed. Her eyes batted mockingly giving truth to her overly exuberant tone. Jaclyn's fingers carved out duvets in Thomas's forearm transferring the anger wanting to spew from her mouth. Emma hadn't stooped as low as to sell stories to the press, but Jaclyn hadn't given her the chance yet to paint her in a bad light, she planned to keep it that way.