The Duke and Duchess

William and Jackie Touch Down for First Royal Tour Together

The new Duke and Duchess of Cambridge touched down in Canada earlier this afternoon, and were greeted by several dignitaries at the Ottawa MacDonald-Cartier International Airport.

Jackie was wearing a scoop neck dress by Canadian designer Erdem Moralioglu with a matching necklace and earring set that she bought while she lived in Paris. It should be noted that Jackie's lack of British brands is most likely intentional to ease the tension between the royal family and the predominantly french province of Quebec.

The couple arrived looking relaxed and excited for their nine day tour, and after making the proper introductions they were ushered to an awaiting vehicle that would take them into the capital of Ottawa where 3,000 people gathered in Confederation Square.

William laid a large wreath on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier while Jackie placed down a rose bouquet. After the Duke and Duchess spent time talking to veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces before separating to go on a walkabout.

Many brought flowers or gifts and chants of "Jac, Jac, Jac, we want Jac" could be heard throughout the square. Despite the excitement the Duchess seemed to be at her most relaxed state while talking to everyone.

The pair then traveled to Rideau Hall for the official Canadian welcome. Arriving at Rideau Hall, William stood to attention at the start of a 21-gun salute before inspecting the guard of honour.

After official speeches of welcome from the Governor General and Prime Minister Stephen Harper, Prince William began his own address in French to cheers - with Jackie smiling at his efforts close by.

The couple shared a secretive glance before William turned back to the crowd and joked in French, "My wife would be better suited for this job."

As they were leaving the two could be heard joking with the Prime Minister and his wife that Jaclyn would have to tutor William. Otherwise it's a successful start to the tour.

-----

July 8, 2011

The wind whipped her hair around, and Jaclyn tried to keep her hair looking somewhat tame while keeping her dress down. As a dancer she wore spandex under everything, but the last thing she needed was a shot of her legs circulating the internet.

Especially since it was the last day and the rest of the tour had gone so smoothly, and she really didn't want to mess up today.

Her heels clicked against the tarmac, the vivid sun heating up everything around her. William was by her side just as he had been everyday at every moment. His hand slipped down her back guiding her in the general direction before she fell in step just behind him.

They shook hands with the arrival party, and accepted two white cowboy hats from the Calgary Mayor, Naheed Menshi, but Jaclyn couldn't deny that her eyes were searching for a certain individual.

Jaclyn choked on her own heart upon seeing Diamond Marshall. Suddenly, she no longer cared about the wind ripping at her hair or the blazing sun that threatened her pale skin. She only had eyes for the little girl who shyly approached her with a bouquet of hydrangeas.

Seeing her sweet pink dress, and the matching wool headband across her shaved head it struck her how young Diamond really was. She was six. Six and she was battling cancer.

The little girl got one wish, she got to ask for the one thing she wanted more than anything, and she wanted to meet a real life princess and for the first time on the tour Jaclyn felt like a fraud. None of the politicians or important people made her waver in her new position, but the idea of not being enough for this little girl struck fear in her heart. Bea or Eugenie, anyone really would have been better than her.