Here Comes the Bride

The house of kings, Westminster Abbey. A thousand years, the cradle of royal power, and today the setting for a royal wedding. Just a mile away, Buckingham Palace, where the young couple will one day live as King William and Queen Jaclyn.

Their special day is being watched by vast crowds here in London, through the United Kingdom, and by a global audience. We think up to two billion people, so the eyes of the world are drawn to the heart of Westminster for a glorious pageant and national celebration, and a royal love story.

They make their vows today surrounded by friends and family, and watched by the rest of the world. It's going to be a day to remember. A day to celebrate and enjoy for all of us.

A very good morning to all of our viewers around the world, I'm Huw Edwards, and here on BBC television we'll bring you the best of everything. The ceremony, the crowds, the procession, the fashion of course, and at the heart of it all a young couple who decided to spend the rest of their lives together as man and wife, and one day as king and queen.

So, after a tantalizing wait, the big day is here at last.

-----

"Honey, it's your wedding day!" Gentle hands are nudging her awake, but Jaclyn's still blissfully stuck in the in between world of her dreams and reality. Slowly she blinks through the haze welcomed to a sky soaked in orange and several people moving about the room.

"Mom I'm so tired," she groaned, still groggy and not entirely sure what was going on.

"Well maybe this will wake you up," her mom paused as if trying to find something and then cleared her throat, "His Royal Highness Prince William Arthur Philip Louis of Wales and Miss Jaclyn Amalia Webber will, upon the commencement of their wedding, henceforth be titled as their Royal Highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge."

One eye popped open, and then she sat upright snatching the envelope with the letter from her mother's hand. Jaclyn read over the words again and again until she was filled with the giddy feeling that this was actually real.

"I'm a duchess!" She squealed standing, feeling a little silly that she was jumping around in her sweats and tank top, hair piled atop her head.

The second she was standing Kate pulled her towards the vanity. "Not yet, you have to get married first." But despite the sharpness of her tone her eyes were playful.

Richard Ward got right to work pulling out the tangles from her hair, and using so many products to keep it tame she was sure she smelled like Bath and Body Works.

"How is Her Royal Highness today?" He asked, waving off Natania who was going to correct him about the title.

Jaclyn giggled, her only response being that of a wide smile as he continued to pull her hair back. Every bride she had seen recently decided to wear their hair down, but Jaclyn knew her hair, and she knew within an hour it would be a disaster. So she was adamant that it be pulled back.

Two hours into getting ready, when her hair and makeup were done Jaclyn stood from the vanity and was replaced by Natania. Careful not to throw herself around with her newly twisted hair Jaclyn carefully sat down by Alice on the bed who had just wrangled Esmeé into her arms to get her ready.

The little girls hair was askew in thin wisps of black and Jaclyn tried to bite back her chuckle as the mother and daughter shot each other identical looks of disdain. Maybe that would be her one day...

The TV was playing in front of them flashing pictures of the Abbey and the guests that were starting to arrive and the crowds that were gathered around the country. Excitedly she pulled her mom over pointing out each person she knew. "I think that's Mrs. Koss my second grade teacher, and back there that's definitely Ms. Tricia."