twenty

..

past

harry goes with zayn to the airport. he tries not to be emotional as he watches his boyfriend leave to his hometown for the holidays. but he couldn't help his emotions spilling out when he sees how sad zayn looks to be leaving him.

it's the first time they're spending time apart since they started dating. they've been very inseparable.

"i don't want to leave anymore. i want to stay with you," zayn whispers in his ears as he hugs him.

"zayn, you've been talking about how excited you are to see your sisters. and your family is already expecting you," harry tries to persuade him to go because he knows that zayn does want to go and he doesn't want to be the reason he stays and ends up regretting is decision, leading him to slowly start to resent harry. he's overthinking but zayn is really close to his family and deep down harry is slightly jealous of him over that.

"doesn't matter," zayn mumbles, acting like a child. "i want to be with you."

"and you will. it's a two week break, i'm still going to be right here when you get back," harry says.

"you promise?" zayn says in a soft voice. harry nods, giving him a chaste kiss on his lips.

"i promise," he says. zayn makes the kiss deeper so harry pulls away because they're in public. "you're running late, you've got to go babe."

zayn grumbles as he pulls away. "i really wish you could come with me."

harry feels guilty.

"will you come with me next time?" zayn asks, he can't help himself. "or i could come with you to visit your family. i don't mind any, i just don't want to be away from you the next break."

harry swallows at the mention of his family. he decides to change the subject because he isn't ready to handle it just yet.

"zayn, you have to go," he says. "you really don't want to miss your flight."

zayn looks at his watch and realizes that in fact, he's running late. he kisses harry again one more time, and sneaks his hand to harry's ass and smacks it.

harry squeals in surprise, not expecting that.

"we're in public dummy," harry chastises his boyfriend. zayn gives him a wink and runs off to go catch up with his flight. harry shakes his head as he watches him leave.

later, when harry's back in his apartment and zayn had long gone, the full weight of his loneliness crashes down on him. everyone else he knows had gone home for the holidays. even niall, his closest friend. he has no one to talk to.

he decides to text zayn.

harry: i miss you :p

zayn: of course you do ;)

harry: jerk, like you weren't crying about how much didnt want to leave me at the airport

zayn: i was not crying 😤

zayn: okay, maybe i cried a little when i boarded the plane

harry: really? now you're gonna make me tear up

zayn: i really do miss you harry

zayn: you know justin didn't go home for the holidays too, he can keep you company when you're bored

harry: 🤮🤮🤮🤮

harry: i'll rather stab my eye with a fork

zayn: i knew you'd say that 💀🤣