one

"i saw harry last night."

zayn turns his head towards his best-friend, justin's direction after he hears him mention his boyfriend's name, well ex-boyfriend. they just broke up again for the fifth time in the past month.

"yeah? where?" zayn asks, letting out a puff from his blunt. they're in justin's car, smoking weed as they wait for their other friends. no doubt they're all going to be upset that zayn and justin started without them.

"in todd's party. he was fucking wasted. i'm pretty sure he fucked two guys in that night," justin says. zayn tightens his fists at that. it's been two days since they broke up and harry's already having sex with other people? he shouldn't be surprised, harry never had the decency to stop sleeping with other people while they were still together. he needs to stop expecting anything from him.

"your boyfriends a slut zayn," justin says as he passes the blunt back to zayn.

"he's not my boyfriend anymore," zayn mumbles, not having the energy to defend harry anymore. he's tried, but he's sure his friends are sick of it already.

"sure. i'll give it three days," justin says, referring to their breakup.

zayn has nothing to say to that because justin is right. they're definitely going to get back together.

the reason why they broke up this time was because zayn was scrolling through snapchat stories and he found harry on a guys snap. the guy was a mutual friend, zayn hasn't really spoken to him before.

harry was clearly drunk and he was grinding on the guys lap like he didn't have a boyfriend. zayn could only guess what happened after.

sure, harry could have argued that he didn't do anything wrong, he was just dancing. but the thing is, they spoke minutes before that snap was posted and harry told zayn he was going to sleep.

and zayn knows harry, there's no way he just left it as dancing. they probably fucked after and he was sure of it. he confronted harry and harry denied it of course, but zayn has been with harry for long enough to know not to trust him.

so he dumped him, again.

since then harry had been calling him and sending him countless text messages saying that he was sorry and zayn should give him another chance, he was going to change this time.

he even came to zayn's apartment a few times but zayn pretended not to be home. he was determined to make harry work for his forgiveness this time and it had been working.

zayn was so close to forgiving him.

but according to what justin just told him, he wasn't sorry enough.

...

harry's just done with class when he sees zayn walk by with justin. he's been looking everywhere for him, so he runs over to catch up with zayn.

"zayn!" he calls out, breathing hard after catching up with him. he really needs to work out more, he thinks as he struggles to catch up his breath.

zayn lets out a scowl when he sees him. "what do you want harry?" zayn asks.

"i want to talk," harry responds, hoping zayn gives him a chance to explain himself.

"he clearly doesn't want to talk to you," justin says, making harry glare at him. they can't stand each other.

"shut up justin," harry says. "zayn, c'mon you've been ignoring me for two days, i miss you."

"funny, that's not what i heard," zayn scoffs.

"please can we just talk, privately," he says, giving justin a glare. he knows justin saw him at the party and of course his big mouth would blabber to zayn.

zayn seems to be contemplating. "fine."

"zayn-" justin interferes.

"i'll meet you in the car justin," zayn says. justin huffs before leaving them to talk it out. "well?" zayn asks when they're alone.

"i know you don't believe me but i didn't cheat on you," harry says. "i'm sorry i lied to you, but zayn i didn't. i swear."

"i don't believe you," zayn says.

"i swear i'm telling the truth. what can i do to earn your trust again?"

"stop spreading your legs for every man that smiles at you," zayn says, no emotion on his face. it's been more of this lately and harry's scared, genuinely scared that he's about to lose zayn for real this time.

"that's hardly fair zayn," harry says. "i'm trying to change. you said you'd give me another chance."

"that doesn't mean you should fucking lie to me. you want to earn my trust? tell me the fucking truth," zayn says.

"okay, fine. i'll tell you the truth. yes, i did lie to you but that's only because i know you don't trust me. you'd never have let me go to that party if i told you the truth zayn. and we both know that i still would, and that would have led to another fight. so i'm sorry that i lied to you, i was just tired of the fighting," harry confesses.

"i'm tired of the fighting too harry," zayn sighs. "i love you. but i don't think love is enough for us to work. i don't trust you."

"what are you saying zayn?" harry swallows. he feels like his lungs aren't getting enough oxygen. he really hoped that zayn would forgive him this time, especially since he didn't even cheat. he just lied.

"i don't want to be with you anymore," zayn says. "everyone thinks i'm stupid for always taking you back."

"since when do you care about what other people think?" harry asks. "you don't want to be with me because of other people?"

"i don't want to be with you because of the lying and cheating."

"i've changed zayn. please, don't do this,"

"no you haven't harry. you haven't changed. and i'm not doing anything, i just want you to leave me alone. i don't know why you're turning this into another breakup. we aren't dating," zayn says with an expressionless face, deciding to go join his friend justin and leaving harry alone with a broken heart.

...

yay finally, first chapter is out. i'm so excited for this. don't worry, not every chapter is angsty. please vote and comment!