seventeen

harry walks to the front door of his apartment. he brings out his keys from his pocket and tries to open his door. he frowns when he realizes the door was already open, he walks inside his apartment.

"niall! i told you to stop sneaking into my apartment!" harry yells, shutting the door behind himself.

"who's niall?" a voice comes from behind the shadows. harry freezes, he can recognize that voice from anywhere. how could he not? he's had multiple nightmares about it.

"z-zeke," he stammers, slowly moving around to face him. the bigger man smiles, coming forward and leaning over harry. he gently strokes harry's cheeks, noticing how tense he is. then he grabs harry's neck and slams him to the wall.

"answer me," he grits out his teeth.

harry chokes, struggling to remove the hand that's tight around his neck. the other man notices him struggling so he relaxes his hand for a bit, but still keeps it wrapped around his neck.

"h-he's my friend," harry replies. he recovers from the shock of seeing the man next to him that made him freeze and gains back his composure. he slaps his hands away from his neck. "why the fuck are you even here?"

"that's no way to greet your big bro,"

"fuck off, you're not my brother," harry says. he walks to the front door and opens it. "i'm calling the police."

the other snorts. "what for?"

"you broke into my apartment,"

"your apartment?"

"yes, my apartment that my mom got for me,"

"it's leased in her name, not yours. i needed somewhere to crash so she gave me a key," zeke says.

zeke used to be harry's step-brother. harry's mom and zeke's dad met when harry was sixteen and zeke was seventeen. they never got along. harry always hated him because he got along with his mom better than him, and zeke loved rubbing it in harry's face because in harry's words he's an evil son of a bitch.

harry has always been openly gay and his mom didn't like that, zeke on the other hand was a better son to her as she's told both of them numerous times because he was "straight" and overachieving. he's also openly homophobic and he always got angry whenever harry showed his "gay" side. harry's mom also took zeke's side more often so harry always felt unwelcome at home.

it led to him spending more time outside and being with different guys, even men more than double his age. it earned him the slut label and it's stuck with him since high-school.

and that wasn't enough for zeke either. he hated that harry was ruining the styles name (his mom made him change his last name after she got married to zeke's dad) by sleeping around so his treatment towards harry became worse. it was only a matter of time before their relationship crossed the line.

"damn it," harry swears. "of course you'd show up now. i should've known things were going to good for me."

"well, i come bearing good news," he says. harry frowns, there's no way good news and zeke go together. even if there was good news he'd never tell harry because he just likes to watch him suffer.

"i'm not interested," harry says.

"our parents are planning on getting back together," zeke says. "you hear that harry? we're going to be brothers again. isn't that exciting?"

"no," harry's face pales. "that can't be possible. my mom wouldn't-"

"oh but she would," zeke smirks. "you did ruin her marriage after all."