ten

"tell me how much you love me," justin says when zayn walks up to meet him outside.

"no, the fuck," zayn says.

"i got ghost," justin says, bringing out a small bag of green plant inside it. zayn collects it from his friend and inspects it.

"no way," he says. "who's your source?"

"liam got a new supplier. extremely limited," justin replies. selling weed in college is risky, so they could only get mid cannabis, it was rare that they got new strains and they always get excited when they do.

"what are you waiting for? light it up,"

justin brings out his grinder and the rolling papers. they sit on the floor of the balcony together, zayn stares at the stars as he waits for justin to roll the blunt. he'd do it himself, but justin's blunts always hits different. justin finishes and then lights it, taking a drag and passing it to zayn.

zayn takes a long drag, already feeling relaxed as the plant courses through his system. he sighs, closing his eyes and takes one more before passing it to justin.

he loses track of time, his thoughts bounce back and forth from his head, not lasting long enough for him to make a complex thought process.

"i wanna fuck niall again,"

he hears a voice say. it takes him an embarrassing long amount of time for him to articulate the words, what it means and who is saying them.

"liam would kick your ass,"

"i'll fuck him too," justin says.

zayn laughs, finding that funny.

"you can't fuck liam,"

"i can and i have," justin says. when justin is high, he loves talking and it's great because zayn gets quiet and he loves to listen.

"but he's a hard top,"

"i'm a harder top," justin brags.

"fucking liar," zayn laughs harder. thinking of justin with his slight body topping liam's huge one just became hilarious all of a sudden. he can't stop laughing. "he's like huge, and angry."

"why is it so hard to believe? harry's bigger than you,"

"only by size,"

"that's clearly what i meant, dumbass,"

"everywhere else, he's small. it's hard to explain," zayn says, having a fond smile as he thinks of his ex-boyfriend. then he remembers they're not together and instantly becomes sad. "i miss him."

"oh no," justin says, knowing where this was headed.

"i hate how i treated him,"

"zayn, he cheated on you, repeatedly,"

"i didn't break up with him because of the cheating," zayn admits. "i don't know, i always thought we could work through that because i loved him. but it always made me so angry because since he cheats, he doesn't feel the same way. and i took my anger out on him, all the time. i was becoming abusive and that scared me. i had to let him go, for both our sakes."

"it's for the best. you have a better boyfriend now,"

"yeah..." zayn says. thinking of caleb doesn't give him the same fuzzy feeling compared to when he thinks of harry. but he chalks it up to their relationship being new. "caleb's great."

"he is," justin says. "i mean i wish he could smoke and drink with us, but a stable boring boyfriend is just what you need right now."

"just because he isn't like us doesn't mean he's boring,"