nine

the knowledge that he was going to be seeing zayn today made harry excited but also very nervous. he hasn't seen his ex-boyfriend for months, it's painful to think of him, he doesn't imagine how seeing him would make him feel. but regardless of his feelings, he still wants to see zayn. he wants to look at the eyes of the man he's in love with. with that in mind, harry decides to dress like he's going to win him back.

he looks at himself in the mirror before he leaves. he's wearing a transparent blue dress shirt that zayn used to go crazy for while they were together. it leaves nothing to the imagination, it makes his skin and tattoos pop. it's topped with his skinniest jeans that's fitted on him like a second skin.

this will for sure grab his attention, he thinks.

he texts his friend niall who's already waiting for him at the party when he gets there so he doesn't have to walk in alone. niall comes outside to get him.

he whistles loudly when he sees harry. "damn, save some sexiness for the rest of us."

"stop," harry chuckles. "you said zayn was coming?"

"yeah, he's already inside actually," niall says.

"oh," harry says, feeling his body tingle.

"but, he's here with his stupid boyfriend," niall says. harry's tingle is replaced by a hot flare of jealousy, how could zayn bring him along?

"i don't care," he lies. "i'm not here for him."

"good, don't let him stop you from having fun," niall says, leading him inside the house. it's not as full as harry expected, but there's still a lot of people inside. he doesn't see zayn immediately like one of the scenarios he had imagined before coming in and he's a bit disappointed. he wanted zayn to stare at him, he wanted zayn to see what he was missing. but his fantasy is clearly different from reality.

"styles!" a familiar voice calls him. liam appears in his field of view. "haven't seen you for a while dude, where the fuck have you been?"

oh you know, just another depressive episode, who cares.

"busy. you know how college is," harry says.

"college is a waste of time. just drop out," he says simply. liam was in college with them but he got expelled the previous semester for selling drugs, he barely got fazed over it.

"babe," niall calls his boyfriends attention from behind him. liam's attention moves from harry to niall, and that's he's cue to leave. there's no stopping liam and niall when they have googly eyes for each other.

he sighs, deciding to do what he came to this party for in the first place and that's to get shit-faced drunk. it's been a while since he got shit-faced drunk (compared to the sad drinking he's been doing the past couple of months) and he's missed it.

he likes the feeling of letting go, not caring about his actions or consequences. just living in the moment. his instincts lead him to the kitchen, he takes a red cup and fills it to the brim with an alcoholic substance.

"slow down there tiger," a voice says from behind him. harry turns to be met by a stranger. he looks like a frat guy, and the look in his eyes harry has seen a thousand times, he wants to fuck him.

harry responds by giving him a sultry smile. the guy isn't usually his type, he looks like he has no personality and spends all day in the gym, that or he's pumped on steroids because his muscles are huge. he's probably got a tiny dick too, harry can always tell. harry's not interested, but he can't say no to any type of attention.

"this is nothing," he says.

"i could get you something much more stronger if you want," he says.