six

harry did end up taking zayn's bed. he gave zayn a look he couldn't resist and zayn ended up letting him have his bed. he wonders how harry does it, how one person could have this much power over him.

zayn decides to sleep in the couch because he couldn't trust himself to stay in the same room with harry, god knows what could happen. he doesn't trust himself completely with harry yet.

he's awoken the next morning by his bell ringing. he gets up from the couch, stretching and wincing when his bones makes a cracking sound. that wasn't a comfortable sleep at all. he wonders who's coming to visit him this early, it's probably justin but then again this is an odd time for his closest friend to come visit.

he goes to open the door and is a bit surprised when he sees the person outside it.

"hi zayn," caleb says.

"oh caleb, hey. what are you doing here?" he asks. this isn't the first time he's coming over, but zayn wasn't expecting to see him anytime soon especially since how they left it off the previous day. he's been meaning to call him, but he had no idea what to say so seeing him in his front door this morning is a bit of a shock to him.

"i just wanted to talk to you. can i come in?" the smaller man asks. zayn nods, opening the door a bit wilder to get into.

"uh sure," he says. caleb walks into the house. it's a bit awkward, and zayn is wondering what he's doing here. they both sit on his couch and caleb looks a bit nervous.

"i wanted to apologize," he starts. "i sounded a bit desperate yesterday and i'm sorry. i didn't mean to spring that on you all of a sudden, it's just that i like you so much that i got a little frustrated with just being friends."

"you don't have to apologize about anything caleb," zayn says.

caleb's eyes dart around nervously and before zayn could mutter another word, the smaller man is moving closer to him and landing a kiss on his lips. zayn is too shocked to kiss back. few seconds later, they pull apart.

"i'm sorry, i-" zayn interrupts him this time by being the one to kiss him. caleb immediately puts his hands on zayn's neck, not surprisingly a very good kisser. it starts to get heated with zayn taking charge and maneuvering their position so he hovers over the smaller man. they kiss very hungrily but don't go any further than that.

after a while, they pull apart. caleb's cheeks are flushed and he's breathing heavily.

"wow," he says. "you're a really good kisser."

zayn chuckles. "thanks, you're not so bad yourself."

caleb holds zayn's hand in his. "i don't mind taking it slow with you. you're worth it."

zayn is too focused on the person in front of him, he completely forgot that he had a guest over but he's reminded when harry walks in at the moment. at first he feels caught with the position he's at with caleb, but then he reminds himself that he's not dating harry and doesn't owe him anything.

"zayn, um," harry says, having a hurt expression on his face. "can we talk?"

caleb frowns at the interaction and whispers to zayn. "i didn't know you had a guest."

"i'll be back in a sec," zayn replies, pulling away from the other boy. caleb still has a frown on his face as he watches zayn disappear with harry to talk privately. they go to zayn's kitchen.

"how are you feeling?" zayn asks. he knows harry was really drunk the previous night and he'll definitely be hungover.

"good. i mean i have a headache but it's expected," he responds. "i'm sorry for inconveniencing you last night. you didn't have to drive all the way to get me, you should have ignored me."