four

zayn is an asshole.

harry thinks as he goes through the walk of shame to his apartment. he couldn't believe that zayn would do that to him, he's mortified.

last night with zayn was amazing, zayn made so many promises to him and confessed his love so harry thought that zayn had taken him back.

harry tries to hold back tears. he can't believe zayn would lie about wanting to be with him just so they would have sex. he thought that zayn was different.

he loves zayn more than anything. sure, he's made some few mistakes but zayn always forgave him so why couldn't this time be any different?

he went to a party that zayn didn't want him to go to. it's not even on the top ten of the worst things he had done yet zayn decided that was the time he wanted an actual breakup. it doesn't make any sense to harry.

and it's so unfair.

harry wipes the tears away as he walks into his apartment. there, he sees niall, his bestfriend that sometimes stays over in his couch eating lunch. they're practically roommates except niall doesn't pay rent.

"left some food for you in the fridge," niall says. "what took you so long by the way?"

"i slept with zayn," harry admits, going straight to the point. he sits down next to his friend and sighs.

"cool," niall says, going back to focus on his phone.

"niall!" harry calls out his name to get his attention again. "that's not the reaction i was expecting."

"i don't understand. aren't you supposed to sleep with your boyfriend? or did you cheat on zayn again with some other guy named zayn,"

"no idiot. zayn and i broke up, i literally cried about it to you yesterday," harry says.

"in my defense you guys break up so often it's hard to keep track," niall shrugs. "okay, so you slept with zayn. is that a bad thing? don't you want him back."

"i think he's done with me," harry admits, not only to his friend but also to himself. "we had the most amazing night together last night and i thought he took me back. he didn't, he made me feel terrible ni."

"the worst part is he told me he's planning to move on with someone else. who does that? he just wants to hurt me," harry complains.

"harry, i don't know. maybe this is for the best," niall says. he's consoled harry over zayn so many times and he wants his friend to move on. "you guys were no longer good together."

harry shakes his head. "why did he lead me on then? we made love and he told me the sweetest things. i don't know why he's doing this niall, it fucking hurts so bad."

niall rubs at harry's hair, caressing his scalp to relax him. "harry, you should move on. zayn already has, do you know how many times you've come crying to me about what he's said to you? he's an ass, he takes you back just so he can keep belittling you and he treats you like shit. you deserve better."

harry sniffles. "no i don't. i love him. i love him so much and i can't stand that he's with someone else."

"well maybe you should find someone else too," niall suggests.

"then zayn will never take me back," harry says. he's tried to make zayn jealous before, it didn't work out. zayn just assumed he was cheating and then didn't talk to harry for some days, harry never tried it again. he didn't even look jealous, he just looked disappointed and harry could never forget that look that zayn gave him.

"that's the point harry, move on," niall says. "there's this guy in my spanish class, he's absolutely gorgeous and i bet you would love him."

"thanks ni. but i think i should stay away from guys for a while," harry says. he could try to show zayn that he's really changed this time and maybe zayn would take him back. it's going to be hard resisting parties, getting drunk and most especially sex but that's one of his biggest problems and it's what's caused about seventy percent of the issues he's had with zayn. he gets drunk and he automatically becomes reckless and he wants to stop that from happening again.

"too bad, he's really cute," niall says. he knows that harry has a weakness for attractive guys.

"i'm just interested in finding out who zayn is seeing,"

"let's find out," niall says. "did he mention any name?"

harry shakes his head.

"we can check his instagram, see if he's following anyone new," niall says.

"that's a good idea," harry agrees. so they check instagram but find nothing.

"what if he lied?" harry thinks out loud. "maybe he made it up just to get rid of me."

somehow that makes harry feel worse. he loves zayn more than anything yet zayn despises him this much?

...

zayn has told himself to stop crying over harry. so he doesn't, he focuses on distractions. he tries not to think about how hurt harry probably is right now, maybe he went out of hand. he shakes his head from that thought. harry deserves that and even worse for what he's put zayn through.

the next day he decides to send caleb a message since he got his number that night. it turns out that they don't really live that far from each other, their conversation goes really smoothly and zayn decides to make a bold move and asks them to meet up. caleb agrees and now zayn is going to meet him at a cafe.

zayn looks at himself in the mirror one more time before leaving. he's a bit nervous, caleb is really attractive and he genuinely wouldn't mind having something with him. he's also been a good distraction from him thinking about harry.

zayn walks into the cafe, already finding caleb waiting for him. he looks great.

"hey!" zayn walks over to him, pulling a chair for himself and sitting down on it. "i'm so sorry i'm late."

"it's fine. you're only about ten minutes late," caleb replies, giving him a smile. "i have to say, it's really good to see you again when you're not totally wasted."

zayn laughs. "it's good to see you too. and i can assure you i don't make that a habit."

"good. i didn't think you'd contact me again. you were pretty drunk and we had a short conversation,"

"well i realized i wanted to have a longer conversation with you," zayn says.

caleb gives him a smile. it's an amazing smile, but he doesn't have dimples like har- wait, he's not going to think about him why he's on a date with someone.

"that's sweet," caleb says, a pink tint on his cheeks. they have some small talk and a few minutes later, zayn orders a coffee since he isn't really hungry and caleb gets a croissant for himself.

zayn finds out that he really likes the other boys company, despite that this is the second time of them conversing and the first time was him drunk.

later, when their coffee date has ended and zayn has gone home, he finds himself thinking about someone else other than harry for the first time in a long time.

...

no zarry is not dead. the first few chapters of a book is always so hard to write lol but this will get interesting soon, i promise.

troye sivan as caleb?