two

zayn twirls the shot glass that's on his hand absentmindedly. he's at a club that his friends dragged him too, an attempt to get him to get over harry. but he can't just seem to get into anything. they've realized that too, they've all left him to dance with other people and he's all alone, drowning his sorrows in alcohol.

"you won't find what you're looking for in that glass, trust me," a strangers voice says. zayn raises his voice to look at the first person aside from his friends that's talked to him since he arrived.

"i'm not looking for anything. i'm trying to forget something, someone," he mumbles. he knows he's drunk, and when he's drunk he tends to over share.

the man that's before him is absolutely gorgeous. he's slightly shorter than the average man, with glasses on his perfectly chiseled face.

"bad breakup?" the stranger asks.

zayn snorts. "you have no idea."

the attractive stranger summons the bartender and orders some shots for himself, and for zayn.

"to drinking the pain away," he makes a toast.

"drinking the pain away," zayn mumbles, toasting him back.

zayn converses with the stranger for a bit until he gets too drunk to make sense anymore. on the bright side, he's not thinking of harry anymore, the guy he's talking to is providing a good distraction. too good, zayn finds himself staring at the attractive features of the stranger and licking his lips.

"do you... do you wanna get out of here maybe?" zayn asks, slurring over his words.

"tempting. but i don't do one night stands," he replies.

"of course. i don't either, it doesn't have to be one night?" he says, hoping he hasn't said the wrong thing. he's a bit embarrassed, this is the first time he's even remotely attracted to someone else asides harry, even though the attraction is sexual and possibly could be a drunken ruse.

"tell you what. i'll give you my number and if you still want this when you're not drunk then call me," he says.

zayn nods, thinking that is a good idea. maybe this is just what he needs to get over harry, if that's even possible. zayn brings out his phone to save his number as the stranger dictates it out loud.

"what's your name?" zayn asks.

"caleb," he replies.

he leaves after a while and zayn is left alone till justin comes over.

"dude. who was that?" justin asks.

"i think, an angel," zayn says. "i got his number."

justin turns to stare at zayn in shock. "really? are you gonna call him?"

"definitely. he's cute,"

"this feels weird," justin says.

"what?"

"you saying that about someone else besides harry,"

"i thought the plan was for me to get over him?"

"it is and you have no idea how fucking glad i am that it's working. it just feels unreal," justin says. "let's celebrate."

justin pulls zayn to the dance floor and zayn is too drunk to put up any resistance. after a while, he finds himself genuinely having fun with his friends, something that he hasn't felt in a while. harry hated him hanging out with his friends, he always felt like they were a bad influence on zayn but zayn knows he was just insecure because his friends didn't like him.

zayn had tried so many times to get his friends and harry to get along but to no avail. he shakes his head from that thought, he doesn't want to think about harry right now. he glances around, hoping that caleb was still around so they could maybe dance together, but he doesn't see the guy anywhere.

he doesn't mind, he has his number after all and he plans to call him as soon as he's sober again.

he feels someone tugging at him and he turns to see justin. "bad news. so liam told niall where we were and well..."

he trails, pointing his finger at a group of people that just walked into the club. not just any group of people, it's harry and his friends.

zayn can't help but stare at his ex-boyfriend. he realizes why it's so impossible for him to move on from him as he watches harry converse with people. he hasn't noticed him yet and zayn is half glad about that. harry has a certain charm, he seduces everyone around him, evident by the way other guys in the club begin to notice him. not too long some guy tries to start a conversation with him, zayn clenches his fists at that. he wants to tell the stranger to back off, harry is his and he should go fuck off.

but then he remembers that harry isn't his. he never was, even whenever they date, harry was never his. harry was everyone's.

harry is like a drug, addictive but so clearly bad for you. zayn is trying to get over his addiction so he turns his head, deciding not to pay any attention to them. the club is big anyway, plus harry would most likely be swept up by some guy in no time so he has nothing to worry about.

things never go as plan because harry notices him. it's too late for zayn to do anything because the tall boy is already making his way towards him.

"hi zayn," harry says, letting out a smile that zayn loves and hates at the same time. his dimples show and zayn hates the fact like he could just smile at him like that, like zayn means the world to him when he clearly doesn't.

"harry," zayn says simply because he doesn't know what else to say. he wants the conversation to end before he finds himself falling for harry's charm again.

"i didn't know this was your scene," harry says. it's not zayn's scene, it's more of his. zayn is a stoner, and he prefers to hang out alone or with a few friends, getting high and listening to music. this is more of harry's scene, alcohol, sweaty bodies and dirty dancing.

"i'm glad we bumped into each other because i've been meaning to talk," harry says.

"we have nothing to talk about harry," he replies. he knew this was going to happen.

"you don't mean that," harry shakes his head. the music changes to a familiar song that they're both acquainted with. "i love this song. wanna dance with me?"

zayn should really say no, but his body is already moving on it's own. he can't really resist harry, even on a normal day. but now zayn is drunk so he can't even stand a chance.

zayn lets his body move to the rhythm of the song, him and harry moving effortlessly. he lets himself forget everything that harry has done to him and pretends that they're a couple, a happy couple in which nobody ever cheats.

he falls into the fantasy a bit too well, that's his excuse for doing what he does next. he pulls harry hard towards him and kisses him.