seven

things had been going great for zayn, his grades have been improving, he found out that not having to worry about what his boyfriend is up to all the time actually allows him to focus better on school work. he's got an amazing boyfriend too, he finally sucked up his doubts and was able to ask caleb out officially.

so yes, things have been pretty good. maybe too good, but whatever, he's actually happier than he's been in a long time.

his friends notice this too, they've also met caleb a couple of times. they love him, especially justin who won't stop talking about how caleb is an improvement over harry. but that's not saying a lot, because out of all his friends, justin couldn't stand harry the most. they fought all the time, which was frustrating for zayn that his boyfriend and his bestfriend could never get along. well, not this time. caleb is a gem amongst his friends.

"he's just so perfect," justin says, during one of their smoke sessions. it's been a while since it's just the two of them, zayn missed it. "there has to be a catch. what's the catch?"

"there's no catch," zayn says, taking a deep drag.

"please, there's always a catch," justin says, unconvinced. "is he still stuck over his crazy ex or something?"

"are you trying to call me out?" zayn snorts.

"if the shoe fits," justin shrugs. "so what is it? does he have only six months to live?"

"god, i hope not," zayn says.

"is he a bad lay?" justin asks. zayn pauses at that. "he is, isn't he? i knew there was something!"

"he's not," zayn shakes his head.

"i haven't heard you talk about the sex once! something has to be wrong,"

"i'm not about to talk about my sex life with you justin,"

"why the hell not?"

"because it's gross. i don't wanna hear about what you, liam and niall have going on,"

"you don't wanna hear about nothing? because that's what's been going on,"

"that's not what liam said-"

"-and you believed that giant bear? he's high like all the time,"

"so are we," zayn points out, holding the blunt over justin's face. "you didn't even let me finish, how could you deny what i haven't even said yet?"

"because i know what you're gonna say. also stop trying to change the subject," justin says.

zayn groans. "fine. we haven't had sex yet, happy?"

"what?" justin gasps. "why? please don't tell me harry messed you up so bad that you can't get it up for anyone other than him."

"no," zayn rolls his eyes. of course justin would assume that. "we just haven't gotten there yet,"

"you had sex with harry the first night you met him," justin points out.

"and look how that turned out. and can you stop bringing him up? you know how i've been trying not to think about him,"

"sorry, won't mention him again," justin says. "so why haven't you done the dirty yet?"

"it just hasn't happened, drop it,"

"well how far have you gone? blow jobs?"