twenty-six

it's been three days since harry has been in a coma. zayn had been by his side almost every single second except for when he has to go home to freshen up, or eat and at which point he would call niall or liam.

sometimes they're all together, like now. they talk amongst themselves and act like harry can hear them, zayn doesn't know why but he thinks that harry does, and he doesn't want harry to be left alone with his thoughts so he tries to entertain him.

"justin keeps asking me if he can come visit," liam says. "i don't know why you don't want him to come zayn, i'm tired of stalling."

"tell him he can't, simple," zayn says.

"why though?" niall asks. "i know the both of you had a fight, but can't you put your differences aside for harry's sake?"

zayn tries to hold his anger as he recalls the conversation he had with his former best friend a few days ago. where he had confessed to being in love with harry, and then getting punched and thrown out of the apartment by zayn after.

zayn didn't even give him the opportunity to say anything else because he knew it would he bullshit. he also doesn't believe justin either, he believes that justin is obsessed with harry, but justin also made his life miserable every chance that he got, and zayn would be forever angry with himself that he let it happen.

he doesn't know what justin is on, he probably smoked too much or hit his head somewhere for him to confess to zayn of all people that he loves harry. it's bullshit, complete and utter bullshit.

"no, fuck him," zayn retorts. liam shakes his head.

"gonna go get something from the vending machine," liam says, getting up. "babe, you want anything?"

niall shakes his head. "nah, i'm good."

zayn is left alone with niall and harry now.

"he looks really peaceful," niall says.

"yeah, he does," zayn says, admiring harry's features too.

"so, what's the real story with justin?" niall asks. "i know you didn't tell me and liam the truth."

zayn sighs, niall had always been the more perceptive one out of all of them. there's no point lying to him.

"he told me he was in love with harry, can you believe that? and i found out he's been tracking harry's location,"

"yes," niall says. zayn gives him a look. "yes, i know he's in love with harry. i didn't know that he was tracking his location though, thats sick."

"he's not fucking in love with harry," zayn says.

"he is zayn, trust me. he told me but i figured it out before he did," niall says.

"you've been fúcking him, haven't you?" zayn accuses. "he told me. does harry know?"

niall shakes his head. "i knew he wouldn't approve, and it was a long time ago, before me and liam got together. he only got closer to me to try to find things about harry, i noticed. and he confessed to me."

"so what? he fúcks you and in exchange you give him information about harry?"

"no! it's nothing like that. he just needed comfort, he was conflicted, you were his best friend and he couldn't do anything about his feelings,"

"why the hell does he even have feelings for harry? they never got along," zayn says.

"they knew each other a long time ago, back before i even knew harry, and they have an old history before you came along," niall says.