twelve

zayn watches as caleb comes out of his bathroom, having just freshened up. he finds himself thinking about their first sexual experience that they shared not too long ago, it was clear that caleb doesn't have much experience, zayn was still turned on because it's been a while for him and seeing caleb try his best to make him feel good was hot.

but now, his cloud of lust is over and the guilt he was feeling earlier has returned. he's back to thinking about the kiss he shared with harry and the fact that he doesn't know if he should tell caleb.

caleb climbs back unto the bed, pulling the blanket over himself as he snuggles close to zayn. he stares at zayn, rubbing his finger on his lips.

"you're still distracted," caleb whispers, he's scared that zayn is pulling away from him. even after their first time being a bit intimate, he's just as distant as he was earlier.

"caleb..." zayn starts. "i have to tell you something."

zayn can already see the fear in caleb's eyes and he feels guilty that he's caused it.

"are you breaking up with me?" caleb asks, already jumping into the worst conclusion. of course zayn was going to dump him, that's why he's been distant he couldn't find a way to bring it up.

zayn shakes his head fervently. "i'm not but you might break up with me after hearing this."

"what did you do?" caleb asks, sitting up.

"harry kissed me," zayn confesses. caleb's facial expression changes to a variety of different emotions, from shock, to sadness and then anger.

"what?"

"it happened at the party, i didn't know how to tell you,"

"you couldn't have told me that before i had your dick in my mouth?" caleb snaps, the tone of his voice completely foreign to zayn.

zayn looks away guiltily. "i'm sorry."

"i should have known he would pull something like this," caleb says. "i can't believe you didn't tell me."

"caleb-"

"when did it happen?"

"when i left to use the restroom," he admits. "it didn't mean anything." he's not sure if he's telling the truth. "i didn't expect him to."

"d-did you kiss him back?" caleb asks with slight hesitation, he's scared about knowing the answer.

"it didn't mean anything," he repeats.

"why?" he asks, looking incredibly hurt.

"it was out of habit," zayn says. "it happened so fast, my brain didn't realize what was happening till after it was over."

"how do you expect me to react to this zayn? you kissed your ex! and you didn't tell me immediately when it happened," caleb says. "i can't. i can't deal with this."

"i'm so sorry," zayn says, feeling even worse now. "i know how you feel and i can understand your anger, it's justified. i'll respect any decision you make."

"i'm more upset that you kept it from me," he says. "i should've known he was going to do this. he spoke to me at the party."

"he did? what did he say?"

"he asked me what it was like to date you," caleb says. "and he said you were going to go back to him. do you understand how i feel after knowing that you kissed him after he said that?"

"fuck, i didn't know. you should've told me," zayn says. if caleb had told him, he probably would have been upset and not sympathetic when he saw harry, and he wouldn't have gone close enough to kiss him.