nineteen

past

"everyone keeps talking about this hot french exchange student," niall says, walking side by side with harry. "have you seen him?"

"yeah, marcel. he's in a couple of my classes," harry replies. "we've talked a couple of times."

"ouu, is he as hot as they say?" niall makes heart eyes at harry.

"he's pretty cute. but i only have eyes for zayn," harry says, smiling when he thinks of his boyfriend.

"you guys are so cheesy i'm actually going to barf," niall deadpans. "anyway, since you're taken you should introduce us."

"hmm, maybe," harry says. "i'll ask him if he's single."

"yay!" niall squeals.

"why are you so excited? you don't even know what he looks like," harry shakes his head, chuckling at his friends obvious crush.

"you know i love foreign men," niall says.

"please. your preferences change every week," harry scoffs.

"that's the joy of being single. i can afford to do that," niall says. "you must miss it."

harry shakes his head. "not at all. i have everything i want with zayn."

harry learns that he craves intimacy, not just sex. he had countless hookups in the past because he mistook that for intimacy, and he liked being wanted by people.

"aww," niall says. "are you going home for the holidays?"

harry feels dread pull into his stomach as he's reminded of home. he shakes his head.

"you never go home," niall points out. he doesn't know about harry's family, no one does and harry plans to keep it that way.

"there's so much to do here," harry says.

"don't you miss your family? i never hear you talk about them," niall points out. harry starts to feel tense, he always avoids the conversation of his family when it's brought up, but he didn't expect niall to ask that so he doesn't have anything to say.

luckily for him, they meet up with zayn before niall starts to ask more questions. zayn walks up to him, holding his waist and giving him a quick chaste kiss on his lips.

"hey babe," zayn says, you can hear the excitement in his voice. he doesn't let go of harry's waist. he waves at niall with his other hand.

"hi," harry says with a huge grin on his face, already forgetting about what got him tense earlier.

"i'm not gonna stay here and watch y'all eyefuck each other," niall says. "later harry."

"later," harry says, still not taking his eyes off zayn. niall leaves to another direction, so zayn and harry walk together.

zayn brings out a flower from seemingly nowhere and places it on the side of harry's hair. harry blushes.

"you're so cheesy," he says, but doesn't make any attempt to remove it.

"and you're so pretty," zayn replies, lovestruck. he likes watching harry's skin color change when he blushes so he always compliments him.

harry chuckles, nudging him playfully. "so are you."

"you're something else," zayn says.

"oh my god," harry feels like he's turned completely red by now and he has. he knows zayn does it on purpose, he's told him before.