twenty-three

i saw this meme and it's so harry and zayn lmao.

...

zayn sits by the corner of the restaurant where harry agreed to meet zeke. he's wearing sunshades and acting like he's focused on his phone when his eyes are fixed on harry.

harry's alone, waiting for his former step brother to show up. they've been through the plan over and over again. zayn hopes that nothing would go wrong even though the plan is relatively simple.

harry has an extra phone that he's going to try to record their conversation. he's going to try to get zeke to say anything that could implicate him.

sure, there's a less than half chance of zeke admitting anything and they just end up wasting their time, but they decided to follow through with it for these reasons.

first, the plan is low risk, which means that even though it goes wrong, the chances of it backfiring on them is low. they're in public and zayn is watching them in case it goes wrong.

second, zayn wanted to know what he looked like, so he could kick his ass when he finds him anywhere.

it's a low risk plan, so zayn shouldn't be worried but he can't help it. he feels like he's sending harry off to a wolf to get eaten. but he'll never let that happen.

his phone vibrates, he brings it out from his pocket. it's a text from harry.

harry: stop staring so much 😩 i can feel your eyes on me

he chuckles after reading the message. he was staring, but he couldn't help it.

zayn: im here to stare :p

zayn: plus you look good

zayn can see the moment when harry reads the text because he smiles at his phone. he can tell that he's blushing.

harry: you're so sappy

zayn is about to type out a response when he notices that harry quickly puts his phone down. he notices the figure walking closer to him and concludes that must be zeke.

he can't quite see his face yet, but his presence alone makes zayn angry. he wants to get up, punch him in the face and warn him from ever touching harry but he holds himself back.

he'll do that after they get what they need.

harry has an annoyed look on his face while zeke talks his ear of. so far, nothing interesting is happening yet though he can't hear what they're saying.

"zayn?" a familiar voice calls his name. he raises his head up and sees caleb in front of him. he frowns, he really wasn't expecting to meet him here. "what are you doing here?"

"hi caleb. um, now isn't a good time," zayn responds. this wasn't part of the plan at all.

"are you here with someone?" caleb asks. "is that why you've been ignoring my messages?"

"caleb," zayn interrupts him. "please, let's talk some other time."

caleb frowns. zayn glances over to harry which was a mistake because caleb notices the direction his eyes are staring at. he sees harry a few tables away.

"are you kidding me?" caleb raises his voice. "you're here because of him?"

"it's not what it looks like," zayn says. he knows that caleb is probably thinking that harry is on a date and zayn is the bitter ex stalking him.

"really? then explain then," caleb says.

"look, caleb. i don't have time for this," zayn says. "i know i've been shitty to you lately and i'm sorry."