fifteen

"how- what are you doing here?"

"i should ask you that. i thought you hate working out," zayn says. "if i didn't know you any better, i'd say you were stalking me."

"yeah, you caught me. i followed you here to watch you struggle to do a deadlift," harry jokes.

"hey, i do not struggle," zayn huffs.

"of course you don't," harry chuckles. it's weird to be talking to zayn like this again, and he remembers why. the last conversation they had was that party where he had kissed zayn. and then zayn called him a whore so it's weird for them to be friendly now.

they don't converse for very long, zayn leaves to continue what he was doing, leaving harry alone to feel very unsatisfied about their short interaction.

he tries to focus on doing other exercises, at least the sudden urge to drink he's been battling isn't as strong as it was before. he works out for thirty more minutes before decided that he's finished.

he's sweaty all over, he subtly scans around to see if he can spot zayn but he doesn't. did he leave already? he feels a bit disappointed about that, but it's probably for the best.

zayn was friendly towards him when they spoke, but he also has plenty reasons to not be. and from his time together with zayn, he knows how easy it is for zayn's mood to change.

he rubs some sweat off his body with a towel, walking towards the gym locker room. he decides he's going to take a shower too, he hates feeling sweaty and he doesn't want to go home feeling like this.

he takes off his shirt, putting it in the locker where the rest of his clothes are. he closes the door of the locker, and notices someone by the left of him. it's zayn. he's sitting at the bench looking at his phone, he hasn't noticed harry yet. he looks a bit sad.

harry feels like going to comfort him, but that's not his place now. zayn already has a boyfriend to do that for him. but he still feels bad.

"harry?" he must have taken too long just standing there because zayn notices him. "i didn't realize you were here."

"just came in," he says. "what's wrong?"

"you ruined my relationship," zayn replies. "he dumped me."

harry feels bad, but also kind of relieved to know that zayn isn't seeing caleb anymore.

"was it because of our kiss?"

"that and other things," zayn says.

"i'm sorry, i know you probably won't believe me but i truly do want you to be happy and i feel bad about your relationship ending,"

zayn gets up to be eye-level with him. his expression seems calm, but harry can see the anger underneath it.

"even when we aren't together," he starts. "you still find a way to insert yourself into my life."

"i-i'm sorry,"

"no you're not," zayn says, getting closer to harry. their bodies are almost touching. "do you know what you've done harry? you've ruined me for anyone else."

"z-zayn-" their close proximity is beginning to affect harry.

"he left me because he thought i was never going to get over you," zayn says. he brings his fingers and trails them on harry's cheek, then grips his jaw firmly.

harry starts to get very affected from zayn's touch. but he can't bring himself to pull away. zayn leans forward, harry can feel his breathe on his ear.