eighteen

harry doesn't know how he got here, but he's apparently at a party. he's drunk out of his mind, he sees a few familiar faces but he's not sure. someone passes him a cigarette, he's not usually a smoker but he smokes. another person gives him a pill, they said it would make him happy so he takes it.

he's throwing up in a strangers bathroom. his stomach doesn't feel good, this can't be normal. everything is hazy, he's dizzy. he manages to walk out of the bathroom, he washes his face to make him feel better. it doesn't.

he stumbles till he's back to the living room. he's so tired. he's so dizzy. but at least he can't think at his stage. his phone keeps ringing, he wonders who is calling him. he can't bring himself to answer, he's not sure if he can even use it.

he's being dragged away by someone he thinks he knows. he's being yelled at, he doesn't know who it is but their angry face is funny to him so he chuckles.

"you think this is funny?" the person asks.

he's taken away to a different room, and the next thing he knows he's being dunked on cold ice water in a bathtub. he screams.

"c-cold," he shivers.

"good," the person says. he doesn't seem to like him. harry frowns. he feels a slap on his face. "are you with me?"

harry nods. some things are beginning to make sense.

"you're the messiest person i've ever met," the person says. harry knows him. he knows him very well, but his brain is being a bit slow to process what his senses are seeing.

"do you get off by doing this shit? making everyone around you worry? making people fall in love with you only to treat them like they don't matter?" he asks. "like they never mattered?"

"you're like sugar. we know how unhealthy it is for us, but yet we still crave it. that's what you do harry, you make people crave you," he continues. harry's just trying to get his brain to resume working. "i know i can never have you. i don't know why i still do."

he's being taken back to the bedroom and led to lay down on the bed.

"i crave you. i truly do," he says. he leaves a kiss on the corner of harry's lips and tucks him in the bed. "you won't remember this when you wake up. you're so out of it."

"i'll call niall to come get you," he says. that's the last thing harry hears before he falls unconscious.

the next time he opens his eyes, he sees niall on the bed laying next to him. he notices when harry wakes up and smiles.

"hey, you're up," he says.

harry avoids eye contact with him, feeling insanely guilty.

"i'm sorry," he apologizes.

"it's okay. see, this is just a minor setback, we'll get right back on track. i'm still proud you came this far,"

"niall... please don't cuddle me," harry says.

"i'm not trying to," niall says, but the sad smile he gives harry let's him know otherwise.

"how'd you know to find me here?" he asks. he can barely remember what happened before niall came. he doesn't even know how he got to this room. but he can remember someone trying to help him.

"let's get you home," niall says, changing the subject.

"niall," harry says, wondering why niall doesn't want to tell him. "was zayn here? did he call you?"

"no, harry," he says.

harry frowns. "i remember someone else bringing me here."